Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need a birth control that doesn't have wierd side effects

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 5:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 256 Total Views
hello I am on bithcontrol for about 4 years now and have had problems with everysingle birth control method anyone know of a birth control that work and doesn't have any weird side effects.
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TaelorsMom06
by Group Owner on Apr. 16, 2007 at 12:08 PM
I am taking Ortho TricyclenLo right now.  I am not having any side effects.  I have tried Depo, Lenell, LoEstrogen 24, and a few others.  None with good results.  Have you heard of Mirena?
charitybrose
by on Apr. 16, 2007 at 12:17 PM

I have horrible mood swings with the patch and any pill I have ever taken.  My doctor suggested an IUD (after I deliver my baby).  They are like a little chip that is put into your cervix, I think, and may cause cramping for the first few days, but are supposed to have very low hormones.  They are good for either 5 or 10 years, but can be removed if you want more children sooner.  They sound like a great option to me!

victoriar1227
by on Apr. 17, 2007 at 5:46 PM
I've used the NuvaRing. It's sooo easy to use and the only problem I had with it was the first period I had was really heavy.  Other than that, it was great!
kavoo
by on May. 19, 2008 at 3:59 PM
i have the mirena now.  i have had it for 2 yrs and it is my second one.  the first one I only had one year.  I love that I have nothing to worry about except the strings,) and truth be told, i never check them.) and I love not having a period.  but lately i have felt "off" and it has been hurting me.  while I have had it checked and eveything seems fine, i told my GYN that I think my body is rejecting it now.  I am thinking if getting it removed and he asked what I would use for BC and I am at a loss.  He talked me throught the nuvaring and offered me some free samples, but it sounds gross to me.  I don't even like tampons.  I am not crazy about BC pills and my hubby just isn;t ready to get "fixed"  So I don't know what to do.  i would hate to just leave it to chance, that is how we got my son!! Not that I don't love him every minute, but still, I'm too old for surprises.  any ideas, theories, experiences with different types?
confused-mom
by on May. 20, 2008 at 11:51 AM
Hey i am now leaving it to chance because i got tried of all the side effects. I tried the nuvaring for about 2 months and i didn't like it. my husband could feel it and it was gross to him, and  plus i didn't like the idea of putting something inside of me and it staying for 3 weeks.
i had to resort to BC pill even though i didn't want to but i had problems with them.
What i do is i check when i am ovulating and make sure we don't have sex on them days, i am pretty regular now since i have been off BC for about 5 months and i can pretty much tell when i am ovulating just on how my body feels.
 if you do choose to get off BC your body will be all messed up to start. for the first 3 month my period wasn't regular it would came 30 days then 28 then 35 there was 2 times i thought i was pregnant because of it.
Quoting kavoo:

i have the mirena now.  i have had it for 2 yrs and it is my second one.  the first one I only had one year.  I love that I have nothing to worry about except the strings,) and truth be told, i never check them.) and I love not having a period.  but lately i have felt "off" and it has been hurting me.  while I have had it checked and eveything seems fine, i told my GYN that I think my body is rejecting it now.  I am thinking if getting it removed and he asked what I would use for BC and I am at a loss.  He talked me throught the nuvaring and offered me some free samples, but it sounds gross to me.  I don't even like tampons.  I am not crazy about BC pills and my hubby just isn;t ready to get "fixed"  So I don't know what to do.  i would hate to just leave it to chance, that is how we got my son!! Not that I don't love him every minute, but still, I'm too old for surprises.  any ideas, theories, experiences with different types?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)