Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome and introduce yourself.

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 5:38 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 419 Total Views
Please introduce yourself. Tell us where you live and how long.
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
butterflysd4
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2007 at 4:38 PM
Hello, I am a single mother of b/g twins. I have lived in Tully NY or very close to hear for my whole life. I actually grew up in Tully. I don't think I will ever move out of tully.
mom2irishdevils
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 7:32 PM
hi everyone, i am a mother to two gorgeous boys and their guardian angel (my first son passed away from SIDS at 5 mo.) and we live in rome
Dorie_rose
by Group Admin on Apr. 20, 2007 at 8:53 PM
Hello. I am Dorie and I live in the Earlville area, closer to Sherburne, but not by much. I've lived in this area for many years, and really like it. I am a stay at home mom to 2 children (3 if you count the 41 year old). Not really sure what else to write, check out my profile if'n ya want to. Have a great day! Dorie
kiki0701
by Group Admin on Apr. 23, 2007 at 11:24 AM
I am 27 , married and mother of 2 if you count the dog 3 if you count my husband! We live near Ithaca NY. But I grew up in Rochester! I am addicted to this site and too myspace. I am a SAHM too so if you are around during the day and would like to talk just message me!
foxie
by Group Owner on Apr. 24, 2007 at 11:19 AM
Thought I would say alittle about myself, since I'm the one who started this group. My name is Mary and I have a 5 yr. old son named Jeremiah. We live in a small village called Smyrna. I've lived here all my life and now I'm raising my son here. I work part-time so I can take and pick up my son at school. I'm also involved with sports with him. He's played soccer and now starting to play T-Ball. We bowl together and he's bowled on a Pee-Wee league last year and got a trophy. I'm interested in a guy but might of messed it up. Hope to be going on first date next Friday the 4th of May with him.
Jackie966
by New Member on May. 1, 2007 at 7:26 PM

Hey all. Found this website while looking for a support group for women who had to have their children by c-section as opposed to natural childbirth. I had my first child on April 10 and am home recovering. Work for the government which equates to liberal maternity leave, great benefits and security.  I was having a normal pregnancy, and was about 33 weeks along with a projected due date of May 10. I feel like a total failure for what happened, how I almost lost my baby, and unlike most if not all of you have only myself to blame. I decided it was a nice enough evening for a fun run at a park near where I live, and was suffering a bit of cabin fever having not been able to ski over the winter. So I tossed on my sweats and running shoes, walked down to the park for a nice invigorating jog. Apparently a lot of people had the same idea since it was finally getting warmer, as both the running and bike paths were a lot more crowded than usual for April. I had run lightly for about half a mile, and was feeling great every step of the way thinking of my lamaze breathing exercises and how in a month I would be delivering my child. Then in an instant it all changed. I noticed a friend of mine from work sitting on a bench with her husband and children, called out her name and without thinking took a quick sharp right to run over and say hi to her. I will never ever forget the look on her face when she glanced up at me, and I knew in a split second something was horribly wrong. The next thing I knew I was laying on the pavement in more pain than I have ever experienced. Without thinking, I had cut across the bike path and had gotten hit by a cyclist. My friend ran over to me, immediately called 911 and said that a pregnant woman had been hit by a biker and was badly hurt. It took about 20 minutes for the ambulance to arrive, and my friend and others tried to comfort me. The collision had broken my water, and my leg, and I could feel that I was having contractions. I knew my birthing experience was not going to go as planned. At the hospital they determined that my baby was fine, but given that I was injured from the collision and my water had broken they would have to do an emergency c-section to deliver the baby. I received general anesthesia, which was not so bad, and when I work up around midnight discovered that I was the mother of a healthy and beautiful son. The surgeon who was on call did a wonderful job, and was able to deliver my baby without incident. Still I feel like a complete and total failure for what happened. If I just stayed in our apartment, or just used my head, I would still be pregnant and preparing for a natural childbirth. At least I will always have a beautiful child, and unfortunately a bikini scar and for the next two months a cast on my leg. As a ps, my pic is like 4 years old, need to get a new one uploaded of me hubby and baby!!!!

Edit Reply Quote Reply Delete Reply

Report this reply

by maggie2463 on Apr. 30, 2007 at 8:49 PM

Hi, I am Maggie and i am from Chicago . I have a 9 year old son.

Quote Reply

Send maggie2463 a message Report this reply

by sweetsuthern on Apr. 30, 2007 at 9:27 PM

Hello my name is Pamela. I am from TN but now live in Westchester Co. NY with my husband and three children. I used to be a stay at home mom, but I recently went back to work.Frown I look forward to chatting with some of you soon. I found out about CafeMom from my new friend Latoya!Laughing

Quote Reply

Send sweetsuthern a message Report this reply

by AdannasMom on Apr. 30, 2007 at 9:33 PM

Hi, my name is Amanda and I have a daughter who is almost a month and a half old.   I'm new here and new to the mom thing.  I live in Kent, WA with her and my significant other (I'm kind of anti-marriage.)

Quote Reply

Send AdannasMom a message Report this reply

by Teesa2you on Apr. 30, 2007 at 9:45 PM

Hi my name is Tee, I live in Arizona with my 2 daughters and husband. I just wanted to say hello and this looks like a great place to share advice and get some as well. I already joined a bunch of groups!

Quote Reply

Send Teesa2you a message Report this reply

by crisei30 on Apr. 30, 2007 at 10:40 PM

Hello,
My name is Christina,but you can call me Crisei. I'm currently living in Greensboro NC with my husband of 7 yrs and our two children (ages 5 and 2 yrs old).  Basically I like meeting and talking too new friends beside being a mom 24/7Smile

Quote Reply

Send crisei30 a message Report this reply

by Calebsmomma1119 on Apr. 30, 2007 at 10:45 PM

Hi I'm new to cafemom. My name is Jessie and I live in MS. I am looking forward to meeting moms in my area and everywhere else. I have a 6 mo old son and an 8 yr old step-daughter.

Quote Reply

Send Calebsmomma1119 a message Report this reply

by sarahsellcm on Apr. 30, 2007 at 10:54 PM

Hello!  My name is Sarah and I LOVE this site.   I have a 2 month old.  I am a stay at home and a Pampered Chef Consultant.   Looking for friends to chat with.  Email me anytime.
Sarah Frederick
www.pamperedchef.biz/sarahsellskitchen

Quote Reply

Send sarahsellcm a message Report this reply

Reply to Post

61-70 of 129 repliesfirst previous 56789 next last
Robin

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Group Home Back to Forum List Write a New Post

Advertisement
sadiesaz1
by on May. 1, 2007 at 8:05 PM
Hello my name is Sandra, I live in the Town of West Seneca, just outside of Buffalo, I do work full time, divorced single mom of two daughters.   I am happy to be a part of this group.  I have never lived anywhere else but in New York State, my only complaint is well, taxes.  The weather I guess you get used to it.   I always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom but it never turned out that way.   I was married for 15 years and after I had my babies I went back to work well not right away, after my first baby, I went back to work when she was 15 months full time, after my second baby, went back to work after two months but part time for about two years, then back to to work full time.  But anywhere here I am.   I am very easygoing, pretty good sense of humor too. 
NicknJonsMom
by Member on May. 1, 2007 at 8:30 PM
Hi My name is Mary.
 I live in Westchester County.  I am a mother of 2.  My oldest is in first grade and will be seven in July.  My youngest is almost 3 and will be starting preschool in Sept.  For the most part I am a stay at home mom.  I sell partylite candles, dog walk and tutor to make a few extra dollars.  I have also begun to sub at the school I worked at for 12 years to make a few dollars.  That is a little background information from me.

Mary
kauionalani
by New Member on May. 2, 2007 at 9:46 AM
Aloha! My name is Shandra. I live in Evans Mills with my fiance and our 2 beautiful girls. We moved to New York in July from Ozark, Alabama. Big changes for us all! I am originally from Hawaii so it seems like I never stay in one place!! hehe
Blondkit10
by on May. 2, 2007 at 9:47 AM
Hello, my name is Nancy.  I'm 31 years old and I'm a SAHM to my DD Jean who will be 2 on Mother's day.  We live on Long Island, in Floral Park (Nassau County) right on the border with Queens.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)