Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Important Info for Dutchess County Moms!!!

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:36 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 176 Total Views

Yesterday I got a phone call and today I got an email and this is what it said, "There's been another incident regarding a van (this time green) with 2 men offering candy to a child.  This occurred around Red Oaks Mill playground and was reported to the police.  Please take this notice as a reminder to your children not to approach any cars, vans, or people that they don't know."

This place is actually a minute away from my house.  it kind of freaked me out.  I'm already neurotic about strangers but this just made it worse.  I sat and stared out the window watching my street yesterday.  Any time I see a suspicious vehicle on my road I give them a dirty look.  Well i just wanted to share this info with you Lady's who live in the area.

by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
NicknJonsMom
by Member on Jun. 14, 2007 at 12:20 PM
We have had a lot of those in Westchester County too. I am like you if I don't think the car belongs my radar goes up.  It always seems to be a green or dark van.  Very scary.  Anytime I see a van I freak.  Thanks for the warning because they could either travel down here or they may have come from here up.  We almost had an abduction of a 10 year old girl in Croton a month ago. It is scary.  We used to play out on our streets until almost dusk with out our parents and I won't let my kid go out in the yard without me.

Mary
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)