Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stick to people my "Own Age"..PIOG

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:37 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 257 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I've been told alot over the past few days on CM that because I am only 19 and only pregnant with my first kid, I am immature, "too young", and don't have any right to share my opinion.

Yes I know I am young, but I have been married sense I was 17, take care of my own house, work part time, while my DH works full time. I'm not just some random young dumb 19 year old. It bugs me incredibly, but saying that, is only because "I'm 19 and most 19 year old over react over nothing."

So I'm pretty sure I am going to stick to this group and be with people my own age so I can stop hearing it. Just because I'm young doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about and don't have a right to share how I feel, sorry but its true. Anyone else feel the same way?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Uhura
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:01 AM

I feel the same way a lot of times, although most people assume I'm older than I am online.

Just an FYI, not trying to be mean at all. But sense in the way you used it would be since. If you really wanna kill em, kill em with good grammar and spelling. It'll annoy the snot out of them that they have nothing to really pick on you for.

CafeMom Tickers
changofamily127
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Ya its very rude for older moms to bash on young teen moms just because some teen moms act immature doesnt mean that all teen moms are immature. there are some older moms that act immature too.

sophiesister2
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 5:38 PM

YES!! piog was some girl telling me your young and have your whole life ahead of you...ahem i know i am young like i dnt need anyone to tell me something i already know?

sophiesister2
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Quoting Uhura:

I feel the same way a lot of times, although most people assume I'm older than I am online.

Just an FYI, not trying to be mean at all. But sense in the way you used it would be since. If you really wanna kill em, kill em with good grammar and spelling. It'll annoy the snot out of them that they have nothing to really pick on you for.

LOL!! thats true good grammar makes you look older and more mature. I should work on that too! loll

Mrs.Hiles
by on Jan. 7, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I was just thinking the same thing

MeganElizabethH
by on Jan. 7, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Absolutely. I'm nothing like the average teenager, and often I find people my own age incredibly irritating. I have been through much more than anyone my age should have to go through and I've gotten quite a bit of experience from it all.

MeganElizabethH
by on Jan. 7, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I'm such a grammar nazi it nearly killed me not to point that out in my reply.

What you say is true though, some of these older moms type like 12 year olds. It drives me crazy.

Quoting Uhura:

Uhura
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Sometimes I can't help it.

That was one of those times.

It's true, a lot of the older moms type worse than that. I find it's best to look as mature as possible, so that when they're finger-pointing, you get to be the mature one.

Quoting MeganElizabethH:

What you say is true though, some of these older moms type like 12 year olds. It drives me crazy.

Quoting Uhura:

pregnant bellybaby boy

MeganElizabethH
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 9:38 AM

That, and typing properly doesn't make you look like a dumbass - it's just good sense!

Quoting Uhura:

Sometimes I can't help it.

That was one of those times.

It's true, a lot of the older moms type worse than that. I find it's best to look as mature as possible, so that when they're finger-pointing, you get to be the mature one.

Quoting MeganElizabethH:

Quoting Uhura:

BarbadianBeauty
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 1:51 AM
Loll I get hat speech a lot xD I had my dd when I was 15 and I'm 19 now and I'm married. My husband is a firefighter and I'm a tatto artist. Most older moms are still in that generation where it's a taboo to be a teen mom. They still think teen moms are crazy loose girls who have no morals and are terrible moms. I don't take it personally because it just shows who really does have ore maturity loll. I also graduated the top o my class with a 3 year ol so they can't say anything to burst my bubble loll
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)