Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome: Come on In and Introduce Yourself.

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 8:37 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 610 Total Views

Hello Everyone,

I am looking forward the ideas and suggestions you have regarding Child Nutrition and Fitness.

Suggested Topics:

Pickey Eaters
Children and Obesity
Nutrition and Fitness for Toddlers through 3rd Grade
Fun Recipes
Food Activites and Crafts.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tina

by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nutrition
by Group Owner on Sep. 9, 2007 at 9:43 AM
Hey Everyone,

I would like to get to know you.

So Please introduce yourself.

Talk to you soon

Tina
RachaelsRecipes
by on Sep. 9, 2007 at 12:04 PM
Hi, I'm Rachael. New to cafemom, but not new to being a mom. Zak is almost 18 and Luke is 14. We started South Beach Diet 5 weeks ago today and Zak has lost a total of 35 pounds, Luke has lost 17 pounds.

We're getting into the healthy eating groove, but Zak is tough, because he's picky. He only likes certain vegetables and certain meats, won't eat pork or fish at all. Luke will eat just about anything, including brussels sprouts and cabbage.

Our next biggest hurdle is getting everyone to exercise.
nutrition
by Group Owner on Sep. 10, 2007 at 7:20 AM
You are on the right track. Getting into a regular exercise routine can be quite a task, especially when everyone is busy with other activities throughout the day.

The best way is to start out small, a family hike, a bike ride etc.

BTW, welcome to our group.

Tina
janell2715
by New Member on Dec. 11, 2007 at 2:51 PM
Hi,
 I am a mom of one. and I am very passionate about staying healthy and active! I have really stressed to try and get in those NOW 9-13 servings of raw fruits and vegetables, and it is pretty much impossible. I do eat alot of both, and we do our best to stay active, but with all the sickness, and disease you hear and see, I knew that I needed to do more, so I found Juice Plus_+ which is 17 raw fruits and vegetables in a capsule! Its whole food! I was so excited about it, and it has really given us the peace of mind that we are getting those extra raw fruits and veggies in. I am now a distributer because i believe so much in the product, so if you want to know more about it just let me know. Other than that i am here to learn more ways to improve our families health, because I feel like you can never learn enough about Health and Prevention!

God Bless
      Janell
JenU
by New Member on Dec. 19, 2007 at 12:33 PM
My name is Jen and I have 2 beautiful baby girls, one who is going to be 5 on 12/26, Olivia,  and one who is going to be 3mos, Alyssa.  Olivia is rather picky and I want to try and get her to try more veggies and eat better.  She is not a huge meat eater.  She is pretty active and me being a sahm helps with that because we are able to be outside a lot when it is nice out.

Check me out at www.myspace.com/daydreamer28 

Always kiss your children goodnight - even if they're already asleep.  ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr

leah85
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2008 at 12:09 AM
hello! my name is leah and i am 22 yrs old. i am married and i have 2 children jason 3, and alex 2. i am currently a dietetics student so i am always up for nutrition. my boys are definitely picky eaters...my oldest one will eat for me, but loves his junk...my little one, always wants junk. i try to make deals with them...if they eat their food, veg/fruits or meat...i will let them have a small piece of candy....this generally works....they are getting better everyday with it.

leah
Angie430
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 3:13 PM
Hi all
my name is Angie I'm a mother of 2 dirls one is 3 and one is 7 now i love my junk food and i was looking to find ways to incorporate all those fruits and veggies we all need so much up until recently I have been living by the grandmother " colorful veggies avery day " kinda licing but Im interested in finding out more like eating for mood and brain function were not really a family looking to loose weight but live better! my husband ias southern and thats doesnt make it easy to try new things and I dont know whare to start cooking without butter but I feel like if I dont make a change my children will suffer from it. also if anyone knows whare to find info about power foods and thingd like that i would be greatful! i like the idea of eating healthier but i dont think im ready to live on wheat germ and soy milk.
Angie
austinsm0mmy
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 2:05 PM
hi my name is jessi i'm 26 and have one 18month old son.  i believe that teaching our children to have a healthy relationship with food is the best gift we can give them.  your diet effects so many aspects of life, not just weight, but attitude and long term health.  i don't buy into any of the diets because i think it is important to teach my son to have a healthy relationship with all food and give him an understanding that some things are better for him and other things are saved for treats.  so i'm always on the look out for new healthy meal ideas and new foods to introduce to him. 
nutrition
by Group Owner on Jan. 30, 2008 at 10:04 AM
Hi everyone,

I would like to say welcome to all our new members, and old ones too.

Sorry I have been away for a bit.

Busy working on NuTraFun, We have whole new look for the "New Year".

So with that being said I have all kinds of  goodies in store for our group.

It should be ready to go by next week.

I will keep you updated.

Keep posting your great ideas, pictures, etc.

Talk to you all soon

Tina
4my2kids
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2008 at 12:34 PM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Marlene. I've been passionate about nutrition and fitness my whole adult life. I have two children. I'm a fitness instructor at 24hr fitness. I love it. I try to give my children lots of fruit and vegetables. They are both kind of picky so I supplement them with shaklee children's supplements. They provide 23 essential vitamins and minerals. What I also love is they come in powder form which I mix into their morning juice. They drink it with no problem. Its perfect for any child who doesn't chew or swallow very good. Get this....my kids have NOT been sick one time in the last year! I started using Shaklee about a year ago.

In addition, I think its important to keep my kids active. I make sure they watch no more than an 1.5 hours of tv a day and get to play outside.

I hope to chat with you all soon. Have a great day!

Marlene
Mom of 2 Making A Difference for our children and our planet. www.projectmahma.com/4my2kids
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)