Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think you look asian at all?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2007 at 2:50 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 1132 Total Views

Poll

Question: Do you look asian?

Options:

Yes

No

People say I do

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

Just curious I was looking at everyones pages and I feel pretty dang white now. 
by on Jul. 28, 2007 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
seoulmom
by Member on Jul. 28, 2007 at 4:43 PM

i am full blood korean but my kids are 1/2 & my son hardly even looks asian anymore!! most people can barely even tell....sometimes people even think that our daughter is mine & our son is my hubbys! i will try to get new pics up soon! but really it makes me kinda sad! they are both beautiful!! but i want people to know they are asian!!!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

khelawanj
by Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 3:04 PM
I looked very asian when i was younger but less so as I have gotten older.  My eyes I think look asian but that is about it.  I have dark hair and eyes but my nose is a white nose:) 
miljakmom
by on Aug. 15, 2007 at 5:08 PM
Yes, so much more than my sister who was born with blue eyes and blond hair, and is fair colored. Only other Asians can tell that I am Hapa. The most insulting thing happened to me at a local tea house that I "used" to frequent, the owner asked me if I was the nanny to my son! I was fuming, but smiled and said no and left. My son in case you ar wondering, has blond hair and the bluest eyes. "sigh" sucks when people are soooo rude.
Tiredbattleax
by Member on Aug. 25, 2007 at 2:05 AM
Yes, but only to other Halvsies or fulls. Whites either don't see it at all or don't see it until something is said, then it's "Oh yeah..... I can see it in your eyes."

My youngest, who is 1/4 Asian, looks more Asian than I do!

"Hello, my name is Mommy, what's yours?"
stephaniefive
by New Member on Oct. 2, 2007 at 9:51 PM
Does anyone think my kid's look asian at all?
Proud_mom_of_4
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 1:25 PM

I'm half korean, half black and some indian. I'm told I look more korean than black. Alot of people comment on how pretty my hair is also. I always thought I looked more asian. --Asian with a southern, country accent!! lol I was born in SC so you can imagine how I sound. Hah hah

mom_a_la_mode
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 10:13 AM

I looked more Asian when I was little but now only other hapas recognize I'm half Asian; lots of people think I'm latina, occasionally someone will guess I'm part Chinese (I'm half-Japanese, by the way) and one time someone asked if I was Hawaiian! and when I lived in California, lots of people guessed I'm hapa so I suppose they're more accustomed to recognizing it.

2rays0fsun
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:13 PM

some ppl think i look really asian but most people think I'm from south america or spain or something lol. i really don't look caucasian at all. i have 3 brothers the youngest one gets mistaken for latin, the oldest for white, and the middle as greek or italian. btw OP i think you look Asian.

AnasMommy7
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2011 at 7:38 AM

I am half Korean and I am always mistaken for hispanic. I think I look half asian.

Marie-Group Mod Do you have a February baby? Join us in February 2011 Babies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)