Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello Ladies

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2008 at 9:58 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 444 Total Views
So welcome to CNA Mumma's.  Tell us a little about yourself.  Just remember if you are going to chat about work to abide by our hippa laws.  So no NAMES or specific places.  But still feel free to share your stories. 

TamiLee

[image]

by on Jun. 10, 2008 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JesusNurse01
by New Member on Jun. 10, 2008 at 11:08 AM
Hi, my name is Jenna. I have been a CNA for about 4 years and I work in a major hospital on the Heart Institutes patient floor as a Cardiac Care Nursing Assistant and a Phlebotomist.
I work 12 hour night shifts.
I have 3 kids, a lovely stepson, and a disabled DH.
Great to find a group for CNAs!

'I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!'

100% Christian Conservative Republican

The more we have abandoned the Bible, the more immoral our society has become.
More emotional slavery as we abandon basic right and wrong for *if it feels good do it*.  More socially acceptable racism.  More demoralizing of young women by accepting them dressing as scantaly as possible and calling them "whores and bitches".  More acceptace of child abuse by calling it a *Lifestyle Choice* NAMBLA anyone?.  More religous discrimination and persecution.  More killing of innocent babies under the guise of *womens rights" and "not overpopulating the planet".  But hey, No more stoning people to death! WAY TO GO!

pippi_cna
by on Jun. 11, 2008 at 9:21 AM
Hi I am Laura aka Pippi   I have been a CNA for 10 and a half yrS I work at a neighboring nursing home and enjoy my people
I am a mom to 2 and stepmom to 4 and a step grandma to 1 and wife to a disabled hubby

MandyP28
by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 8:49 PM
Hi, my name is Mandy.  I am 29 and have been a CNA for just over a year.  I work at a local nursing home in the Alzeheimer's Unit.  I love working with the elderly and dementia patients especially!  I hope you all love your jobs as much as I do....of course, there are those days where I can't wait for them to END!  :)  I'm glad to find a group for CNA's.

zakityzak
by on Jun. 23, 2008 at 2:54 PM
Hello, my name is Melissa, I am a happily married woman of 6.5 years to Brian. We are the proud parents of two beautiful boys, Zachary 5 and Isaac 9 months, I am a CNA/ Unit Secretary on a Medical unit at a hospital in Portland Oregon, I love it, before the hospital I worked at a nursing home for 1.5 years.

Zachary and Isaac's Momma

kabxb04
by on Jul. 17, 2008 at 7:43 AM
Hi Ladies!!!

My name is Kim and I'm a CNA at a nursing home in eastern PA.  I've been working there for almost 4 years and have been an aide for 8 years.  I work 12 hour weekend night shifts (7p-7a Sat. Sun. & Mon)

I'm 25 years old and engaged to be married on 9/13/08.  I'm the mother to a 5 y/o boy and soon-to-be step-mom to another 5 y/o boy.

It's good to see a group for CNA's!  I'm sure we all need a little support!
mommomdenise
by New Member on Jul. 19, 2008 at 10:10 AM
hello my name is denise,i have been a cna for 2 yrs.right now i am unemployed.i was working in home health.
MamaMandy527
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2008 at 6:54 PM

Heyy Everyone!

My names Mandy. Im 20 years old. I live outside Gainesville, Fl.  I just got my CNA on Friday. Im so excited to start working. I havent worked in over a year. My son is 11 months and i quit working when I was like 6 months pregnant. So Its gonna be a big change for me. How is it being a CNA for the most part? Hard?

Briyawna
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 7:48 PM

I am 23 years old. I am married..and I have 2 kids..I got my CNA in May 2005... and was never able to get a job even though I passed the class with an A. I don't have the greatest work history because I knew working with food isn't what I want to do for the rest of my life. But, everywhere I applied for a CNA job at they told me I had to have at least 1 year experience... Well where am I supposed to get the experience if I am not given the opportunity....

How easy or hard was it for all of you to get a cna job?

Wife to Ryan (06/26/2007), Mommy to Ryan (10/06/2001) and Hailey (12/28/2006). TTC #3 in starting September 2008...for a Summer 2009 Surprise!!!

Lady_Fusion
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2008 at 12:06 PM

Hi! I'm Ann and i have a 16 Month old daugther and another baby on the way due in May. I have been a CNA only for a few years but i love it. I recently moved across the state and work at a new assistant living faculity but i hope to get back into home health again...hopefully sooner then later.

Jewels22
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2008 at 3:09 PM

Hello Ladies:) My name is Julianna. I'm 22 years old and have been a CNA for 3 years. I work at a local hospital where I have been employed for the last 6 years. I work on a Cardiac and Pediatric floor and I love it. I'm married and we have a 3 year old and another one on the way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)