Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hospice

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 10:11 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 136 Total Views
How do you feel about Hospice?  We started our in house hospice about 2 years ago.  I just love it.  I applied for our CNA Hospice position but didn't get the job because I can only work 2nd and sometimes 3rd shift.  Do you have any Hospice stories you would like to share?

TamiLee

[image]

by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
hill2
by on Jul. 11, 2008 at 2:06 AM
I am new to this group and have been home for 17mos and am starting work back as a CNA in a nursing home but my last job was for a hospice company. I basically went to the patient and provided bath visits and comfort care. I absolutely loved this job. It was the first time ever I was able to give one on one care. I enjoyed comforting the patients and their families. When I took the job I wasn't toally sure how I would deal with dealth on a daily basis and yes it could be sad but the reward I felt was priceless......
kaizynn
by on Nov. 26, 2008 at 11:46 PM

I work at a hospital that has that takes care of patients that are near the end.  I have met some great people that I wish I would of met before their time was near..  No matter how many times you see some one go.. It is still hard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)