Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mumma first or CNA first

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 10:15 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 184 Total Views

I'm just wondering if you were a mom first and then became a CNA?  Or if you were an aid first and then became a mom?  And how has one or the other affected the the way you do your other job?  Example: your job as a cna helped with your new job of being a mother. 

TamiLee

[image]

by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
pippi_cna
by on Jun. 22, 2008 at 10:36 PM
Momma first times 2 then CNA for 10 and half yrs

zakityzak
by on Jul. 1, 2008 at 5:40 PM
CNA first,  I don't think it affected the way I do my job, except the amount of hours I work.
hill2
by on Jul. 11, 2008 at 2:22 AM
I was a CNA first and I kind of joke about all i do with my kids I do at work. When I had my son the CNA was kinda rude she threw a diaper at me and was like you need to change him cause they aren't any nurses at home! I am thinking I know how to change a 7 pounder diaper! So I changed him in front of her and she is all oh you did this before? I am like yeah I am a CNA!! I was so mad! She just looked at me and seemed to feel stupid herself. I mean I have babysat plenty as a teen but as a CNA of course I changed my share of briefs!
Shevaughn
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2008 at 8:54 AM
I was a mom first....i got pregnant with my last one while working as a cna and I had some lift restrictions but I worked just fine. I think being a cna affects my life with my kids because of the pay rate I don't get to spend a lot of time at home and I end up working more than I am at home....my kids miss me and it affects all of us. Luckily my husband is a stay at home and is there to support them. I wish I had the time to go back to school and be a nurse!
kabxb04
by on Jul. 18, 2008 at 9:15 AM
I was a CNA first... and I worked for a crappy facility while I was preggo.  My co-workers, however, were awesome and helped me out alot so that I didn't have to go on light duty.

mummaofsbe
by Group Owner on Jul. 23, 2008 at 6:21 PM

It sucks when you have to work full term at a crappy fac.  I worked at one when I was pregnant with my second.  I swear working a full wing 30 residents by myself put me in labor.  Night after night doing everything myself and getting done early enough to help everyone else did it for me.  Luckily I'm at a fab. fac. now.  So pregnancy number three went MUCH better.  I worked up to the end, but at least this time I was full term.  KUDOS to all you CNA MUMMAS who work while prenant!!!!!

TamiLee

[image]

kraziandkoul
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2009 at 3:37 PM

I was a mommy to a 3 month old! I actually could have had the job when I was pregnant, but my doctor had a weight restriction on me so I could not complete the job duties...so they just told me to come back after the baby. 

I think being a mommy, at least for those three months, helped me get used to changing people and cleaning them. I am not sure if I would have made it otherwise. Also, since I was a mommy I stuck it out for the first 6 months which felt like pure hell. I am glad I did too!

alaskansglmom
by Member on Feb. 23, 2009 at 10:58 PM

In January 2004 I got my CNA license then June of 2005 I became a mom. It is funny to think that when I first started to work at the place I work I was the youngest now I am getting older. I guess that is what happens when you have worked at the same place for 4 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)