Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New and could use some support!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2008 at 2:16 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 112 Total Views
OK well My name is Angela I am 30 years old and have 3 children 3mos, 3 years, and 4 years. I became a CNA in 1999 and basically worked in every setting there is..well I think! LOL Since having my first child in 2003 I have worked off and on. My last job I had to quit in March 2007 at a hospice company cause childcare for my two older kids was just killing us so I have been home for 17mos. I eneded up getting pregnant and just decided I would wait to go back to work so now my baby is almost 4mos and it is time! So I just got a job at a nursing home..haven't even started yet! LOL But its a small nursing home at just 61 beds. I will work double weekend and the pay is pretty decent well more than I ever made! Well I am so anxious for some reason about working???! My daughter is exclusively BF and I am real worried my supply will go down as well as the long shifts. I will actually start PT till I get use to working and they were real understanding about that! I just did the drug test so once that comes back I will start. I am exited but nervous too!

I little more BIO on me....I live in AZ with my SO I will work his off days so no child care is needed. I am also in school waiting to start a Radiography Technologist program. The wait list is SO LONG. I should start next fall and will work through school. I love being a CNA but want a degree! I never thought I would be a CNA this long. WOW this is long...SORRY:) Hope to chat with you ladies and nice to find this group!!!
by on Jul. 11, 2008 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mummaofsbe
by Group Owner on Jul. 11, 2008 at 9:27 AM
Hello, It's great to have you here.  I love to hear about everyone's different CNA expereinces.  Your family sounds wonderful.  And that is wonderfull that you won't need child care.  That is how we work over here at my place.  Hubby works first shift, and I work 2nd.
As for the pumping.  I pumped every chance I got.  I relied alot on my stock pile of frozen milk.  One of my friends that also worked double shifts and nursed, used those BFing supplements.  She said that they doubled her supply very quickly.  I wished I would have tried them with all of my children.  I always felt like I was just not making enough.
Well hopefully everything will work out with the pumping.  And GOOD LUCK with work. 
Thanks again for joining.
TamiLee

TamiLee

[image]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)