Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Peircings???

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2008 at 6:26 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 150 Total Views

So I have a tiny little nose ring (stud).  And now work has add a new section to the hand book stating no peircings except studs in the ear lobs.  Of course I am pissed.  I feel worse for all the girls with cartilage peircings in their ears.  I'm pretty sure they will close up if you take them out.  So anyways, do any of you guys have regulations like this at your fac./hos.?  And what is your opinion?

TamiLee

[image]

by on Jul. 23, 2008 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
hill2
by on Jul. 24, 2008 at 11:50 AM

Many places I have worked have this policy. I am ok with it I just have holes in my ears and don't wear my ear rings at work.

the1nonlypeachy
by on Jul. 24, 2008 at 5:08 PM

most places i have worked at has that rule, but i have found for like tongue rings and nose rings and i'm pretty sure most other piercings you can get a plastic thing to put in your hole, not sure exactly what its called but most tattoo shops will know what it is, its basically something that you can put in so it wont close up and noone can really see it. hope this helps

kayla
by on Jul. 26, 2008 at 12:45 AM

HI,

My name is Kayla,and i work at UVA medical center and thankfully they do not seem to mind peircings.

I really feel that it should be decrimination when they tell you that you cannot have peircing. As long as they are not all over and interfer with your job i dont feel it should matter.

I would be extremly upset too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)