Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi im new to this group

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2008 at 6:57 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 147 Total Views

Hi ladies well let me start of by saying im not a cna yet im wantting to go to collage when my kids start back to school this next month (if i get the finaical aid) But my question is what all kind of stuff did you have to take to become a cna and was it that hard How does it pay (if you dont mind me asking) and ladies if you have any other advice id love to hear it

by on Jul. 28, 2008 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mummaofsbe
by Group Owner on Jul. 29, 2008 at 12:53 AM

Hi, I took the CNA course when I was 23.  I was working full time and had a 8 month old.  I thought it was going to be hard.  But it really wasn't.  Alot of it is common sense.  And the anatomy part wasn't at all like I thought it was going to be.  I didn't really get great grades in school growing up.   I was a C average girl.  But I got A's in the CNA course.  And I only got two wrong on the finial exam.  And one of those was my fault.  I miss read the sentence.  So I knew the answer, but put the oppisite. 

I took the 16 week course here in Wisconsin at our local tech school.  And it was all night classes.  So the nights I didn't work at my ful time job I went to school.  But it was only for 16 weeks, and well worth it.  I was only making minimun wage at that job and after I got my CNA and found a job I make about 14.60 a hour now.  So for me it was WELL worth it. 

I hope you pursue the course.  Esp if you are planning on going on in school (LPN or RN). 

I hope I was helpful.  I was scared to try but I am sooo glad I did.

Good Luck. TamiLee

hill2
by on Jul. 29, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Well I took my CNA course a while back when I was 19 in 1999. I actually worked nights FT and did school during the day! I was TIRED! It wasn't hard the course is really a piece of cake its the job thats a challenge! Now honestly every state varies on pay...Out in AZ pay is 12-15. I currently make 14.80 now. I know some states they barely make 8 so depends where you live.

I took a CNA course that was run through a hospital (8 weeks) so I never had to take any generals before starting and I actually got paid to go to school that part was so cool. Now thats hard to come by these days! LOL

GOOD LUCK!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)