Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do at your job, Mommy?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2008 at 12:40 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 166 Total Views

So when your children ask what you do at your job what do you tell them?  

When I tried to explain, my kids got a little confused.  Now they think I take care of everyone's Grandmas and Grandpas.   

by on Aug. 10, 2008 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
the1nonlypeachy
by on Aug. 11, 2008 at 8:11 AM

i told my daughter i work as a cna and that i help take care of people that cant take care of themselves. i have taken her to work with me a few times she has even helped me feed them and she enjoys it. when she was three, i had asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up and she said i want to be a mommy. befuddled i asked her what does a mommy do she says work at the nursing home. so now you ask her she tells you she wants to be a cna or a doctor.

hill2
by on Sep. 19, 2008 at 12:28 AM

My son asked me this not too long ago...I was like JEEZE how do you explain this to a 4yr old! Well I kept it very simple. I help people who can't take care of them self. About as simple as it gets but thats the very basic of what we do! LOL

kaizynn
by on Nov. 21, 2008 at 1:00 AM

I work at the hospital.. So I tell them that I take care of people when they are sick.  And I am part of a team that helps them get better.

alaskansglmom
by Member on Nov. 27, 2008 at 12:02 AM

I have actually yet to be asked by my daughter because she is 3. I have answered the question to my neice and nephew though when they asked. I just told them that I assist my resident with activities of daily living. I help with the things that my residents can't do themselves anymore.

michelle is the proud mother of:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)