Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much is your starting wage?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2008 at 1:42 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 201 Total Views

Poll

Question: How much is your starting wage where you work?

Options:

5-7

8-10

11-14

higher

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

I was just wondering because sometimes it seems like Alaska has the highest paid CNA's but I dont know. We start out at 15.46 where I work. I am just curious.

by on Nov. 26, 2008 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LysNVantesMom
by on Nov. 26, 2008 at 10:21 PM

Must be nice, my starting wage was 9.15 an hour.  I sweat and pour my heart out into this job and the pay sucks!

~Be who you are and say what you feel cause those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.~

kaizynn
by on Nov. 26, 2008 at 11:44 PM

Isn't that how it is in any job..  The peons get all the work and crappy pay..  And the higher ups (exp: vice presidents of companies, CEOs) get higher pay.  Sometimes I feel that if you don't love working with people you are in the wrong profession.. 

alaskansglmom
by Member on Nov. 26, 2008 at 11:47 PM

Yea that is true...I know that the higher ups sometimes love to work us short and they still think we can get everyone up before breakfast LOL. I really would like to see them work the floor and then tell us that we have to work short. Luckly our nurse now will help out if we need her help. She is a great nurse.

Quoting kaizynn:

Isn't that how it is in any job..  The peons get all the work and crappy pay..  And the higher ups (exp: vice presidents of companies, CEOs) get higher pay.  Sometimes I feel that if you don't love working with people you are in the wrong profession.. 

michelle is the proud mother of:

chasesmom111907
by on Dec. 13, 2008 at 10:56 PM

For no experience and my first cna job in a hospital I make $12.60 starting.....but I also will be getting an extra $1.60 an hour for shift differential and then on the weekends another 1.50 extra for working! Oh and im in CT

mummaofsbe
by Group Owner on Dec. 14, 2008 at 1:29 AM

Where I work now I make 14 an hour.  But my first job started at 9 with a shift difference of .50 for p.m.s  Now I work for a non profit, church own and run facility.  It's great to not be working for a Corparation!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)