Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Choosing a class

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2008 at 12:48 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 96 Total Views

I just found this group.  I am looking to become a CNA/STNA.  Right now I am trying to choose where to take the class.  With DH pending I have to watch cost a little.  Does it matter where you take the class or is it more about passing the state test?  These are my opitions right now (all the free ones are gone in this area):

Community college 3-4 weeks $700-800 for the class

Career Center (this is the Tech Prep center for high school students but at night it is for adults) the class is approx same time frame $600-700

Then there is one that appears to be a staffing place also and it offers help finding a job.  This is 3 weeks (I never see my babies for that time but DH is home alot more now) and the cost is $450.  I am leaning towards this but only because of cost. 

If hospitals prefer community college then I will go there.  If not then I was thinking the 400 one to save money. 

Thanks

Janet

by on Nov. 29, 2008 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
kaizynn
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 1:44 PM

actually I don't think it really matters where you get your training as long as you pass the state test..  I got my training from a teacher at one of our local nursing homes..  I went on to pass the test and no one has downed me for not taking it through a college..  I now work at our local hospital..  All in all it is all the same training..  They have to teach you what you need to be prepared for your state test.  Pick the choice that is most suitable for you..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)