Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions regarding any CNAS

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 9:50 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 119 Total Views

Well right now Im working at the bank, and I need to make more money!! My parents are always guding me to be in the medical field because you will always have a job! I just had a few questions.. Like where do you work and what are your job duties? I dont think i want to work in a nursing home .  I just heard its extremely hard because they give you alot of "beds" and i dont think I could deal with the residents calling me out of my name and etc...Maybe the hospital would be a better choice, or private duty or working for an agency... Which one do u think tends to pay more? And I think someone told me if you 36hrs on the weekend you get paid for 40?......I want to become an LPN becuase they make more money, So i figured which ever facility I work for maybe they can cross train me or pay for my LPN schooling..

by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
preg.w3
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Iv'e only worked in a nursing home, its not really hard usually the other cna's help. I like the nursing home cuz you kinda bond w/the residents jmo..also I am going for my lvn and i belive being a cna has helped me in that..hope this is some help

kaizynn
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 1:34 PM

I worked most of my CNA career in a nursing home..  And I did like it..  But I got burnt out..  So now I work for our local hospital.  And you still get bonded with people.  But you ususally don't have to do any heavy lifting, the nurses help out, and most hospitals will help you go back to school..  At least the one here does..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)