Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lowly Job?!?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 10:41 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 341 Total Views

So I have been gone a while.  But I am back to VENT!!!!!!

I work second shift so I work with mostly high school and college students.  Totally fun!!  Well my supervisior had me reorientate one of our high school girls before she left for her first semester of college.  This girl is Lazy!! and has NO common sense.  I worked three nights with her and then reported back to the supervisior EVERYTHING this girl did wrong and how horrible my weekend was with her.  Well the young lady was not let go!!!!!!!!!!  Well this past friday my supervrisior lets me know that the young lady is coming back for her Thanksgiving break and I will be REORIENTATING her yet again. 

Deep Breath.  O.k.  So I am working with her on Sat. night.  She doesn't do horrible but I did do MOST of the work.  She did ONE whole person herself.  Back to my orignale point.  When we, I mean I, was charting she starts telling me that she doesn't want to get a CNA job at or near her Nursing College because CNA work is a LOWLY job and that she is embarresed to tell her boyfriends RICH parents that she is a CNA.  She just wants to wait till she is a nurse (4-5) years from now to get a job in health care.  So I asked "What do you mean it is a lowly job?"  and she says something like it is job you just wouldn't tell people you have and you certainly wouldn't want do it your whole life.  

WHAT THE F**K!!!!!

I Proudly say I LOVE MY JOB!!  And i am Proud to tell people what I do.  And I am the kind of person to be a CNA till I am an old lady. 

I don't know where these kind of people come from.  I mean how do you purposely get into health care unless you want to help people.  And I mean CNA work is the hands on work.  You are the person the resident, individual, patient or what ever you call your people depends on all day and night.  We are the people who have the relationships wiith our patients.  How is that a job you can't be proud of. 

Well I can't seem to form sentences any more so I guess I am done, for now. 

TamiLee

by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kaizynn
by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Oh man..  I think I would started yelling at her..  No one is going to tell me that my job is scum..  Look at all we do for people.  We make their day brighter and better.  It is us who are with them more and we are the ones who know when something is wrong.  And yes we may not get a lot of praise or thank yous...  I would rather take a gentle touch of a hand or a smile in appreciation from a little  elderly man or woman then some superior telling me I did good.  And maybe this isn't the type of job that is right for this girl...  After all you can't be DENSE at heart..

Have you talked to your superiors to see if someone else can train her...  I know when I used to work with high school kids.  It was like they were there just to fill a postion.  Don't get me wrong once in awhile we had some good caring ones.. 

preg.w3
by New Member on Dec. 1, 2008 at 7:38 PM

wow, well even though some things are not wonderful I personally feel that helping ppl that cant help them self is not "LOWLY" i love my job and my "residents" and this GIRL clearly doesnt need to wrk as a cna or imo in the health field at all

alaskansglmom
by Member on Dec. 1, 2008 at 8:00 PM

Wow I don't know what to say. I think that I would of told my supervisor what she said. Then again at my work if there is someone that doesn't do good in their orientation then they don't go on from there. We do not reorientate someone!! If they don't get it the first time...why waste everyone elses time? I just orientated someone last week and she didn't help me at all and was texting the whole time. The people that orientated her finally went to the supervisor and she said "we dont need her". Maybe it is because I work for the state and we have high...really high expectations. We also get checked by federal because technically we are a federal home just don't get federal pay.

Why should your supervisors waist your time? Just because some high school student doesn't get it? Mind you I did start being a CNA when I was 20 and I am now 24 but I have been working at the same place for most of the time. My work wouldn't deal with people like that. Nor should yours!!

michelle is the proud mother of:

sonnyswoman75
by on Dec. 13, 2008 at 12:54 AM

People like that should not be CNAs.CNA should be caring and be proud of what they do.I think that girl needs to find a whole new profession myself.

kraziandkoul
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2009 at 4:05 PM

LOL.. it just makes me laugh to hear that! When I tell people I am a CNA they are amazed and have a lot of respect for me, even nurses!!! Anyone who knows what a CNA does knows how difficult the job is, both physically and mentally. The only thing lowly about it is the pay...and in my mind...what I make for taking a whole 2 week course is pretty darn good!

She is just ignorant and she thinks the job is too difficult...sorry you have to train her. I no longer train people because I have had so many issues with training. I told my HR person that I will not train people anymore unless I get paid more to deal with them.

cacountryangel
by Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 7:54 AM

aaawww the i am better then this!!!!!! i know of alot of people who need a wake up call. this is the reason i wanted my dd to work as a cna to know how it feels to work hard with our pts and for our money. this way if she does become a rn. she'll respect the ones under her. i just keep to myself when i have to deal with people like this. not worth my time or space!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)