Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im new here and have some questions about CNA...please please answer! i need all the help i can get!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2009 at 12:09 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 225 Total Views

ok well my name is kelsie and i live in utah. i took the cna course my senior year in high school. i finished the class march 21st 2007. well i worked in a alzheimer's unit while i was taking the class. and while working i became pregnant and had to quit my job cause it was to rough on my body. well i never actually took the skills or the written test because of that. its now 2009 and i have till march 20th to take both tests and pass before i have to retake the class and start over. my questions are what can i expect on the skills test? its been so long and im trying to remember everything. i even bought a new book to study for it but im stuck on what to study. and is the written test more of common sense questions or is it questions with answers that all sound the same? i guess i really just want to know what to expect cause if i dont pass i wont have the money to retake the class and i wanna be able to have a good job that i wont have to worry about losing. so if you can please help me out here. my brain hurts from studying. lol. ok well thanks.

by on Feb. 8, 2009 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mrsburgess
by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Well, when I took my CNA state test (for Indiana) the written part was more less common sense. With the skills the lady made us form a line and all do the hand washing part and pick a paper for our skills part. On the paper it told us all the skills needed done. For example: mine was Mrs. Jones is an 80 y/o with a weak left side. You need to change her gown and make an occupied bed. You just have to do everything you need to do to change the bed and then gown. No one will have the same test for the written or skills. Good luck and I hope this helps.

lilystar
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:23 AM

I took mine in KY and the written part was a test that was somewhat common sense, but sometimes you had to "pick the best answer" and it is a bit confusing, but I passed it alright. And the skills part we had to wash our hands aseptically, take vitals, and perform skills like giving the bedpan, putting them in certain positions, cleaning a catheter. Just make sure you hit all the critical steps like gloves, washing hands, placing the call button and what not, because I forgot one and had to retake it. If you have an up to date book on it then just read over and maybe practice the skills. We were given a pamphlet and had to go by that, but if you have a book you'll have a good idea what to do and should be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)