Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

patient aide ratio PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 12:33 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 248 Total Views

I have a question for the aides. What is your patient to aide ratio. I'm just curious as to what it could be. At the hospital I work at, I feel sometimes as though we have way too many patients for the 2 aides we have on.

from 1-18 pts its 1 aide

from 18+ its only 2 aides

sammi

by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mummaofsbe
by Group Owner on Mar. 5, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I work at a nursing home so I'm not sure if is really the same as a hospital.  Where I work now our ratio is

2 aids for every wing.  The wings run between 15-30 residents.  But if there is a call in or we need one on one staff they always pull fromt he easy wing.  And if you are on the easy wing you are on your own.  But we are pretty good about looking out for each other on our shift.  We always make time to help. 

Where i used to work it was 2 aids per 30 residents.  The problem was we had exsesive call ins.  And there, when you were short you were really on your own.  There really wasn't anyone to help you. 

TamiLee

alaskansglmom
by Member on Mar. 19, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I work in a assisted living home and on the hall that I work on (very heavy) it is a 5-1 ratio.

carma1
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2009 at 4:10 AM

Here in oregon it changed this month and its something like 1 cna per 7 residents day shift and swing is 1 cna per 12 residents. During swing when I have 9 residents on the skilled hall it is a lot!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)