Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thinking about becoming a cna

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2009 at 8:46 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 245 Total Views

a nursing home in the town i live in is having earn to learn cna classes and i know nothing about cna except they work in a nursing home lol anyways can you tell me what the job consist of what its like is it hard do you like it i'm a sahm of 3 i haven't worked in 4 years since i've been married the last job i had was a cashier at lowes and a grocery store i'm a weak person so don't know if it would be for me any advice you could give me would be helpful

by on Jun. 15, 2009 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
hannahsmommy321
by on Jul. 18, 2009 at 12:07 PM

well it can be hard you pretty much have to do actvities of daily living with the ederly for example getting them dressed brushing thier teeth changing thier depends if they have a accident washing them up giving them showers. it takes special people to do it. i love it i been a CNA since 2000 and love it!

carma1
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Well working as a CNA is a lot of hard work and there is quite an amount of lifting. It really all depends what you do with your CNA license. You can work in a lot of different places such as home health care or even working with kids so do some more research and see if you want to go further with it. Some places pay for your class, but they want you to work for them for a certain amount of time after you get your license.

Carma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)