Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 5:13 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 538 Total Views

I wanted to welcome everyone to the group

Lets start off by telling everyone how we met our husbands

by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dani41780
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 2:28 AM
Hello I've been married five almost six years to the love of my life.  June 16 will be 6 years for us.

I met my husband through a online Christian chat room.
He had never been in the room  and it was one that I had frequent quite often.
He came on and said anyone want to chat. We started chatting and married 8 months later. Six months from the the time we met.

He is a wonderful Husband, Father and friend.
He works hard and never complains that i'm a SAHM of our 3 children. Ages 4, 2 and 6 months. He usually works from sun up to sun down six days a week but yet he is always there for me and the children.

I have been truely blessed by a man who works hard, who is honest, and loves our children.

Thanks for creating this group!~

Danielle
mommachild
by Group Owner on Apr. 15, 2007 at 12:50 PM
your welcome for the group!!

The funny story with my husband and i, We used to hang out with the same group, but never with eachother, i thought he was a dork and he thought i was stuck up.  A feeew years later we "remet" and totally fell for eachother, we were there for eachother at just the right time.... he was inbetween addresses, so i helped him there, and he showed me what REAL love was!!!!!!!
aguadientegal
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2007 at 2:54 PM
I met my husband at Universal Studios in Florida.  We had the same friends and ran into each other alot at work.  We actually went out to clubs,movies, and bars, with all of our friends as a group.  We finally hit it off.  Our true test was when I went to Germany with my mother to visit my sister .  I was gone for 3 weeks.  I missed him so much.  It was a test for both of us to see if we were meant to be but also because he is much older than I.  I know age is just a number but it does play a part when trying to find the right man.  When I came back, we both knew we were for each other.  He's very funny, caring, and yes he has changed throughout the years but for the better.  We've been married now almost 13 years.  He used to get very angry (not at me) at things of his past, and his ex.  but he's calmed down quite a bit.  He wishes his ex the best and hope she finds someone to take care of her.  He's pretty much learned now that if he can't get a point across to others who just won't listen, he just turns away.  It's not healthy he says.  We have a daughter together and he's a great husband and father.  He loves to have fun, of course his free time too, (which I think everyone needs a little personal time to themselves).  He loves his family, has a close bond with his brothers especially after losing his parents.  He does have a son from his ex-wife.  He is in the army in germany with a family of his own.  My husband had a close relationship with his son before but that's another story.  He loves his stepgrandkids and grandkids, and  daughter-in-law.  (He's yet to be able to have a relationship with them but I hope that will come soon) He misses his son but again, he turns the other way and tries to hide it.  He's a loving husband and I'm very lucky to have him as my husband.  He's hands on with chores and family time.  what else can a wife ask for. 
Crystal07
by on Apr. 16, 2007 at 9:36 PM

I have been very happily married to my man for two and a half years, together almost three in June... My story is fairly ummm.. unconventional.. I worked for State Farm ins.. I was with his agents office when I received many calls from him and his now ex wife trying to split up their insurance and change their addresses.. He seemed so tender and heartbroken and he had the hottest voice.  Anyways.. after relating to him in his situation a lil while on the phone doing some final changes for him I told him I was there to listen if he ever wanted to chat.  ( I had been separated from my current hubby for eight months and hadnt dated anyone at this time).  I totally didnt know if this guy was cute or ugly or really much about him other than he was splitting from his wife cuz she didnt think he was high class enough for her. I just knew that he we had a connection.  Anyways he said thanks for being so nice and hung up.  Five mins later he called me and asked me out for a date.. we met up the next night after a three hour phone convo the next day.  We fell madly in love and even tho I had a lil guy only 15months old at the time he wanted to make it permanent.  WE were still undivorced.. so we hired a joint lawyer and went to work to get our divorces finalized.. living together after only three weeks of knowing each other but when you know you just know.  We were married exactly nine days after our divorces were finalized.. how is that for not letting the grass grow.   Normally I would tell anyone I know that that is shear madness and that it will never last but my man has stood by me strong thru having his son.. having my other son (whom he would love to adopt but cant because of his biological father) and thru me getting lupus and fibromyalgia.  He is wonderful, loving and is true to the very core of himself.  He has been hurt a lot and hates all cheaters. We have immaculate trust in each other.  I think if you lack trust in your relationship then its really to hard to make it work.  With him its effortless. I never worry where he is..he always calls to check on me (since im sick) and calls if he'll be late, I never question him or have to check his pockets.. he is very faithful and I thank God everyday for his wonderful soul that he brought my way to be my gaurdian thru life.  :)

Crystal
Ps.. state farm doesnt not offer these perks to any other employees!  LOL

l_lowery81702
by on May. 5, 2007 at 11:55 AM

Hi my name's Lisa. I'm 23 and have been married to my husband a little over 4 1/2 yrs (will be 5 yrs in august). Since I've already posted the story and how me and hubby met on my myspace I just copied and pasted Laughing

It was in the fall of 2001. I was 17 and a senior in highschool (Go Maroon Devils). I rode the bus home like always and as I was walking up the hill this guy, this hot guy, walked out of my front door and was on the porch watching me walk up the hill. My first thought was,"sorry to dissappoint you if you're a robber we only have crap in our house." He said hi and that my dad said it was okay for him to hang out there while he waits for his dad to pick him up. So I do like I always did when there was an attractive male in my surrounding. Ran to another room to pant over him in privacy lol.

At that point in time I was good friends with a email penpal who I started to get serious with and we eventually started dating. He even flew to NC to see me a few times. I thought he was perfect until it got closer to me graduating. He started telling me how if I moved down to LA to be with him I'd have to find my own place to stay, changed the way I talk, act, and dress. His family was strict Catholic and if they didn't approve he would just drop our relationship. At that point in my life I felt like he was my only option of bettering my life

But about the last few months of school. My friends taught me that I was in the relationship all for the wrong reasons. But he'd already planned and booked a trip to my graduation. He showed up and we had a good time. He even met my God-Mother which is a rarity for my friends to ever meet her most of the time. At the very last day he told me he lied to his parents about being up for a convention for work and not to be with his g/f on her graduation. After that we were on and off for the reason that felt like I was being hidden from people he looked up to

Well, a few months goes by me and the mystery guy never laid eyes on one another. I still thought about him and wondered who he was. I asked my dad and told me his name was Jerry and he was his friends oldest son. Ahhh a name to go along with the face I keep picturing. His hazel/green eyes stuck in my mind. I thought it was just my attempt to pull away from my on/off b/f. By that time we'd gotten to where he talked to me thru one of my friends at that time b/c we never could handle to talk with eachother long. I wanted to break it off with him but I'd never been the dumper. Only the dumpee or the girl that was cheated on.

In late July of 2002 after I graduated, my dad takes me over to his friend's house b/c I was looking to buy a car and he sold cars at that point in time. I looked at this little white and my dad's friend said that was his son's car. So he hollered for his son and out comes Jerry. He tells me about the car and asked if he could call me in a week after he got back from going to SC with his dad and brother. A week goes by and he calls. He tells me he's been thinking about me and would love to go out with me sometime soon . Ofcourse I said I would too. I felt all pittery pattery in my belly....bigger than butterflies.

So I take like all day to get dressed and show up at his dad's place. He was all sweaty and dirty from working on a car. He was so hot I woudlnt' have minded if we went out with him like that. But he showered and changed and we went about a mile down that road when we start flirting. He had wiped down the seat and they were slick so when he hit a curve I'd slid all the way over to him. He asked to hold me hand. I put it on my leg. He swurved a little bit and said I was bad for his driving b/c he couldn't take it. Well, needless to say what was on our minds. About 30 mins later we booked a room and then afterwards started our official date. It was fun we played at the little arcade in Cherokee and had little picture-sticker made (I still have them to this very day).

We went out to eat and talked all night and basically told our life stories to eachother. He told me about his psycho ex wife, a girl who completely made up  having a relationship with him that almost got him in jail b/c she was underage and lied to him saying she was 18 she even went around school saying she was engaged to him. I knew the girl she talked about having an actually rocky relationship with him. I told him about my previous love woes like the guy I got hooked up with by a person I thought was a friend but he only used me to get discount on weed from the guy he hooked me up with or the guy who I hooked up with b/c his sister was my bestfriend come to find out he was using me as an alibi b/c he'd knocked up an underage girl.

His sister(whom I consider a friend to this day) gave me the heads up.We both had doozies as you can see.We talked about more than that but it'd take days to post this if I went into every subject. But he just blurted out while driving around " I love you why don't we get married"  I thought he was off his rocker or pullin my leg. I was like "alright sure". The next morning he drove me to my dad's house and packed up my stuff. I couldn't believe he was serious. When his parents saw us bringing my stuff over they couldn't say much. His parents got married 18 hours after they met and they've been together over 25 years.

So a week goes by and we go over to TN and get married. I cried and he cried. I don't know whether it was happiness or fear or both that he felt but it was both that I felt. I was devoting my life before God to this guy who I only knew for a week. I loved him but didn't know it. The guy from LA called me about 2 days after I got back to NC. I was with my then but now former and no longer future sister in law shopping. He asked me what was going on that I fell off the face of the earth. I told him everything.

He tore me apart over the phone. Someone whom I never belonged to in the first place talked to me like I had murded his best friend. He told me one thing that has stuck in my head to this very day "Lisa your dead mother would be so dissappointed in you". Jerry tore into him over the phone; furious with him causing me to just break down in sobs and tears rigth before his eyes. Needless to say he's not called back.

We've been through a lot of things in our lives together both big and small obstacles. Our first year of marriage his parents made it clear they wanted us apart for good. Their schemes never succeeded. His ex tried to look like me when she first got out of the loonie bin thinking he'd come back to her. She even told my step-daughter they's be a family again b/c she'd kidnap her other daughter so they could be whole again. That never happened. She's now married to a guy calls Jerry seeking counseling b/c of how she acts the things she says. Her parents even warned him about her and pleaded with him not to marry her . But those are just icing on the cake.

We've had a lot of things put in our way and yet we still seem to come out on top better, stronger, smarter, and happier than when we started. When he became a minister, he fought long and hard for me and my soul. He made it his only duty was to save me. He did. On my 23rd birthday at 11:30 he pleaded and prayed and by midnight I had found God. Now I thank God for eveything that's come into our lives both good and bad b/c I know we'll make it thru b/c he meant for it to happen. Our jaded past had led us together and to find salvation in eachother.

This August will be our 5th year together. I can't believe how time flies. We're still finding things out about one another and always grateful to have one another in our lives. We complete eachother so well. Where one person is weak the other is strong; that's how it is with us. I've been so lucky to find my husband he's shown me that I can be more than I saw for myself in life. I pray to God every time I get ready to go to sleep thanking him for my life. It doesn't matter how unhappy I am I thank him b/c it could be worse.

I hope y'all enjoyed the introduction to the lives or Jerry and Lisa Lowery. Stay tuned for updates. I hope I've filled in gaps for friends who I just caught up with and answered relationship questions from my buddies and grp mates.

Dani41780
by on May. 7, 2007 at 2:55 PM
Lol WElcome
Sherral
by on May. 12, 2007 at 9:03 AM
My husband and I went to school together starting in 4th grade.  In high school my family started attending the church his family attended.  We started out as great friends, but I always had eyes for him.  He finally asked me to go to our local fair with him.  I had a babysitting job that night, but the mom said I could take the kids (I know, what was she thinking!).  Well, one of the kids went with his aunt and the younger, who adored me, wanted to be with me.  So, on our first date, almost 17 yrs old, we took a 3 yr old with us.  I knew he was special!

We dated off and on, went to college together, and when he joined the Air Force I thought my heart would break.  During basic he called (new year's eve) and proposed.  LOL  Not romantic, I know, but it was great to me.  He got a break during tech school for President's Day and made it official.  We married on March 19, 1988...19 yrs ago.  He had just turned 20 and I was still 19.

My DH is wonderful.  He loves God, me and our children with all his heart.
POOKA123
by on May. 30, 2007 at 11:08 AM
hi new to the group, love the name of this group, Well hubby and i met when we was sixteen, we lived in the same building for years and never said anything to each other although our mothers was bestfriends, they had a dog and we had a cat, and his dog would always chase my cat, and one day i got tired of trying to save my cat and just cused him out and i guess he liked it and we strated to talk and we've been talking ever since, 22yrs in july
cckme5
by on May. 30, 2007 at 11:17 AM
Yes I am still in love with my hubby !!!  We met while I was at work.  At the time I worked with his sister & he came in to pick her up one day.  She told me later that he thought I was cute, but it was a couple more months before I saw him again.  I gave him my phone number, we went out on a date & that was it!!  We have been together ever since & that was 14 years ago.  We have been married for 9 years & have 3 beautiful children together.
ohwrite
by on Jun. 19, 2007 at 9:51 PM
Hi,
I met my husband Paul because I got lost!!! It was a Friday evening, and my 4 year old son and I were headed to Ports o'Call in the Long Beach Harbor. I couldn't find it and we ended up at Shoreline Village. We were eating hamburgers on the Marina when my future husband showed up with some buddies from work. They were drunk, and Paul was wearing a plastic pignose attached to black plastic glasses with a Groucho Marx style mustache. I was not impressed!!! Paul began juggling cans of beer, and my little boy was entranced. They Paul began making paper airplanes, and Gerrod thought he was wonderful. I looked at my 4 year old and said "Don't look at him, don't talk to him, don't encourage him." Paul heard me, and wouldn't leave me alone the rest of the night. A week later we went out on our first date.....another story....., one year later we were married at Shoreline Village between the picnic tables where we met. It will be 20 years since we met this August, 19 years of blissful marriage....well.....mostly blissful.

By the way, it's nice to meet other happily married women!!
Tari
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)