Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She wants "nu nu" non stop!! HELP

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:49 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 314 Total Views

My daughter will be 2 at the end of this month and she is constantly asking for nu nus(pronounced "new news"lol). she wants to nurse non stop all day and all night! every time i turn around "nu nus? nu nus?" AHHHH its driving me crazy. im 9 weeks pregnant and my boobs are starting to get sore, i dont mind nursing her but i dont want to do it non stop. Why is she all of a sudden wanting to nurse so much? If i dont let her have nu nus she screams and cries, i dont know what to do. Does this have something to do with the pregnancy?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MelanieLouise
by Group Owner on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:11 PM

She might be sensing that your body is changing, or your milk might be changing, or it might just be a phase. Have you introduced any other form of milk yet? My son was 13 months when I got pregnant, and around 15 months was when he got his first cow's milk... he drank it instead of boob milk a couple times a day to give me a break. If that doesn't work, you could just try distractions to help get her mind off of nursing.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, and welcome to the group!

CafeMom Tickers     CafeMom Tickers

NinjaMomma
by Member on Nov. 26, 2009 at 4:53 AM

I'm 10 weeks along and have a 21 month old nursling.  He is doing the same thing.  I am having some nursing aversion and my breasts are just sore!  I have found it's easier at some parts of the day rather than others.  I did figure out that  the reason why he's nursing so much is that my supply has dropped and my milk looks thicker than it did before.  I have started offering him some water or juice and cuddling him during the day then letting him nurse to make sure he wants the comfort and isn't just frustrated because he's thirsty.

The_Purple
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2009 at 9:21 AM
I am exactly where you are right now! I am 9 weeks also and my 19 month old wants "bu-bu's" constantly! I am sorry you are going through this but what a relief to know i'm not alone. I am feeling like a prisoner because not only am I exhausted but I am nursing him around the clock. I don't know why he is doing this. Here is a bump for you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)