Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm terrified of gaining weight with this sweet baby!

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 6:05 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 170 Total Views

Two years ago I found out I was pregnant with my first baby! Excited was everywhere. I was also 20, and about 50 pounds lighter than I am today. I gained about 40 pounds through my first pregnancy, enjoying all those pickles and soda thinking, "25 pounds is the baby. I can lose the other no sweat." WRONG. My sweet little DD popped out and the only thing I lost was my bump. Still 40 pounds over weight. Almost a year and half since her birth and I am now 50 pounds overweight...and 8 weeks pregnant with Number 2. While I am thrilled to be pregnant...I am absolutely terrified. This is NOT where I thought I would be. I thought I'd lose 25 pounds, breasfeed, lose the other 15. Negative. I am terrified of gaining weight with this baby and terrified that I won't be able to eat healthy enough to at least maintain this weight for my baby and me. I honestly thought, since having such a BREEZE of a pregnancy the first time around, that this time would be nothing but throwing up and agony. It's not. Hardly any morning sickness. Just glowing...and hunger. I understand the concepts of eating healthy...but I'm horrified that I won't be able to implement them and keep this weight down. I'm not asking to lose weight, though it would be more than welcomed along the right circumstances, I just want some feedback on how to get enjoy my pregnancy instead of staying on the verge of a breakdown everytime I think about how huge I am and how big its going to get. Can't I maintain this weight? Does anyone have an suggestions? Words of wisdom? A big slap in the face for getting pregnant before getting healthy again?

I am currently 232 pounds. Which is what I weighed in at a couple weeks before I realized I was pregnant. My scale now reads about 236 in the mornings but I am extremely bloated most of the day. (See me making up excuses already? lol) Please help me!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Ama1987
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I understand completly what you are saying! My Dd is 16 months old, I am still bf her and due with Ds in May. I was about 30lbs overweight with my first pregnancy and pretty much stayed the same weight the whole pregnancy. I had lost like 15lbs before becoming pregges this time.

I had started the pregnancy staying the same weight then for no apparent reason losing like 10-12 lbs. I have now oh so sadly gained back all 10-12 lns lost and also gained another 10-12lbs! I am totally freaking out!!! I keep telling myself pregnancy is no time to worry about weight but I can't figure out why I'm gaining so much. I'm eating kinda healthy, and am still bf Dd 2 times a day, although she only really nurses for like 20-30min total a day.

I wish I had advice for ya! All I can really think is we have to eat as best we can and walk as much as possible! Lol!

Hoping to hear any advice y'all have for Lullabylee

Lullabylee89
by Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I felt like I hate kinda healthy too with my first baby, but yet still gained 40 pounds. I do not have marvelous metabolism as it is, so I think my problem was...the bad things I did eat, made a point to REALLY stick around. I got no breaks with the junk food. So therefore, this time I might need to remember that...that I have no room for slip ups. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)