Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 weeks, haven't felt the baby really kick in a couple weeks. Should I be worried?

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 281 Total Views

I started feeling little "flutters" at about 15 weeks. Legitmate little kicks, about every other day. However, the past week, at least, I haven't felt those. I kind of "think" I felt something, but I'm trying so hard to feel it that maybe I"m making it up in my mind. Lol. I have my gender ultrasound Thursday, but now I'm a little worried because I can't feel my baby anymore. Sometimes I feel like I feel the "pressure" of the baby moving, but I'm not sure. Normal?

BabyFetus Ticker
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
micheledo
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I don't think you need to be worried.  You should start feeling more movement in the next few weeks.  I know with my last pregnancy (#5) it seemed like he was still for a week or so (maybe more, don't really remember how long) around 20 weeks - before I started feeling regular and strong movement.  It was odd.

micheledo
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 5:28 PM

The 'pressure' feeling makes complete sense.  If you are feeling something - then I really wouldn't be worried. 

Lullabylee89
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband says he feels that same thing. Not kicks but like a ...swaying pressure movement type feeling. Like the baby is just moving around, but not doing anything drastic. 

PoodleMum
by New Member on May. 22, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Baby's back could be facing out so you're not feeling the kicks, it's still pretty early for movement

Mamaj323
by Member on May. 23, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Let us know how it goes tomorrow! I am going to go with the back facing out. Especially if you can feel little rolls instead of elbows. :) It could also be your placenta is hanging out in front. That would definately cushion the blows. Try not to worry too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)