Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tubal ligation

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:14 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 301 Total Views

Not toally related to the group directly, but I have a question. I am currently bf my 16 month old and am 17 weeks pregnant, but my question is regarding getting tubes tied. doctor says hormonally I would be no different, feel no different, etc but I am super sensitive to hormonal changes and have bad periods anyway. So, I have talked to plenty of women, including my mother, who have had their tubes tied and they swear up and down that their tubal ligation procedure caused them to gain weight, feel depressed, etc and just not be the same. I am not concerned with the same symtpoms necessarily that I have heard women have had, but just that doing the procedure may cause major changes in my body that are unwanted. I already need to lose some weight so that is not something I want to have an additional challenge to attaining. Any tips, stories, info is appreciated. Thanks

~Wife to Brian, momma to Clare and Allison~

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
emma0828
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:39 PM

BUMP!

Mamaj323
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this
What a good question! I don't know off the top of my head but I'm going to ask around a bit for you. And me too because now I'm very curious! I've always had really extreme reactions to hormonal bc of any kind also so it would be good to know. I'll let you know what I come up with. Hopefully someone with firsthand knowledge will jump on too. :)
emma0828
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:39 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN