Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 260 Total Views

Hi I'm Bethany! I have three beautiful little girls. I have a 3 yr old and twin 18 month olds. I currently nurse my 18 month old twins. I want to start ttc but still haven't had AF return yet. My girls just aren't ready to give up nursing yet. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on getting AF back so that I can start ttc... HELP! PLEASE!

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
micheledo
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM

No tips!  And I am a bit jealous.  :D  My period returned at 6 weeks with the earliest and 9 months at the latest (while nursing 2).

MommaPlus2
by New Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Mine came back on it's own at about 18 months pp, and it only took us 2 flows (42 day cycle) to conceive. If you try to cut a feeding or 2 that's supposed to encourage af's return.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BethRae
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM
I'm nursing them before nap and bed and occasionally in the night

Quoting MommaPlus2:

Mine came back on it's own at about 18 months pp, and it only took us 2 flows (42 day cycle) to conceive. If you try to cut a feeding or 2 that's supposed to encourage af's return.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Have you started any cycle tracking? Cervical mucous, positioning, basal body temp? I'd start there.

With as little as you are nursing, it's very unlikely to have very much affect on your fertility at the moment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaPlus2
by New Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Kinda hard to cut any out. Hopefully af shows up soon for you!

Quoting BethRae:

I'm nursing them before nap and bed and occasionally in the night

Quoting MommaPlus2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BethRae
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM

My problem is that I don't have a cycle.. I havent got AF yet since giving birth to the twins.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Have you started any cycle tracking? Cervical mucous, positioning, basal body temp? I'd start there.

With as little as you are nursing, it's very unlikely to have very much affect on your fertility at the moment.

MaryJarrett
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:07 AM
You can still temp and check your cervix! :) It'll give you an insight of what's going on.

Have you read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility"? Have you researched on sites like FertilityFriend? I use the Fertility Friend app too.

Quoting BethRae:

My problem is that I don't have a cycle.. I havent got AF yet since giving birth to the twins.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BethRae
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:01 PM
I set up a fertility friend account. But it's counting today as CD1 and won't let me change it to when my real lmp is

Quoting MaryJarrett:

You can still temp and check your cervix! :) It'll give you an insight of what's going on.

Have you read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility"? Have you researched on sites like FertilityFriend? I use the Fertility Friend app too.

Quoting BethRae:

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM
If it's over 180 days ago then it does that. That's why I had to start temping. I used my temp chart to kinda get an idea of my cycle.

Quoting BethRae:

I set up a fertility friend account. But it's counting today as CD1 and won't let me change it to when my real lmp is

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Quoting BethRae:

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Audreysmama515
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I dropped one feeding in the afternoon for my 18 month old and about 2 weeks later started af.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)