Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just Found Out

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 5:59 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 140 Total Views

Hi! I'm Christy. I'm a 20 year old wife of two yrs and 3 months and a SAHM of 1 year and 2 months. I have been nursing my little man since his first succesful latch and wanted to continue till he was 2. But on Friday we found out that we are expecting our second little bundle of joy (due sometime in June). I've heard that nipple stimulation can cause a woman to go into early labor, so I'm really worried about this. I would LOVE to tandem nurse, but I don't think I would be as supported on that decision as I would be on the decision to wean one and nurse the other. Advice or encouragement, or your own personal nursing stories, would be wonderful. Thank you!

Photobucket

by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MommaPlus2
by New Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been nursing a toddler while pregnant for 4 months now no problem. There is no need to wean your older baby just because your pregnant and anyone who will tell you so is grossly misinformed. However, there are situations where weaning may be needed, such as if it does cause you to have real labor contractions, or if you cannot take in enough to put out for both babies. It has been taught for so long that you have to wean once you get pregnant so many people believe it to be right, but in most cases it is unneccisary. You will run into opposition and people who tell you to wean, but do your research and make your own decisions, unless medical need dictates how you must proceed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)