• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speaking of Cleaning Parties (more of a social topic)

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:42 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 186 Total Views

Aub's post got me thinking.

The other day, a good friend of mine took me to drop off my car to get some work done. The idea was that we would go to lunch and the grocery store, then go back to get my car when it was done. It ended up taking much longer than expected.

So, she said we should go to her house because she needed to get a few things done anyway. When we were done with her house, I suggested we go to my house because there were things I needed to do, too.

She flat out said no, she didn't feel like it. I thought it was rude, but also, we had already done a lot of stuff that day.

The thing is, she has no kids. I can't ever get her to come to my house. I always go to her. It would be so awesome if I could get my friends to come hang out at MY house, and easier on the kids.

I mean, it almost sounds selfish, but it's not as if I don't help HER do stuff around the house.

Do you think it's asking too much? From a friend?

Is it just because I have children and she doesnt? She loves kids but IDK.

The only other person I can get to come over and help while I clean is my mom and I can't stand being around her.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TonyaSuzanne
by Group Owner on Feb. 14, 2009 at 2:04 AM

I'm sorry, I think that's a bit selfish and she may just not realise cause she doesn't have kids.  I would confront it, lovingly but def confront it.  You don't want to feel used and if you keep letting it go, it could damage the relationship?!? 

MamaScorpio88
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:54 PM

wow, rude, you go to her place, help her out, and she cannot go to yours? I get that she was helping you out, what with your car and all, but still.  

Aubles
by Group Admin on Feb. 14, 2009 at 9:33 PM

That's really weird.  My friends come to me all the time, because I'm the only one who has kids right now.  The only time we meet at a non-kid friend's is when we have a gathering, and don't want to have to kick the kids out.

It's so easy to be selfish, though, when you don't have kids.  You don't know how it is to really give to another.  Well, not normally.  Your friend just sounds really immature.

When they say "grow up" they mean "stop growing"

- Tom Robbins
TeaEarlGreyHot
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 9:44 PM

That's pretty selfish but my guess is she doesn't realize it.

http://www.typobuddy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/im-awsome-misspelled-tattoo.jpg

kk_bella
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Yea, she probably doesn't realize it. I'll also ask her on a day when we haven't already been doing other things, we'll see.

TeaEarlGreyHot
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Quoting kk_bella:

Yea, she probably doesn't realize it. I'll also ask her on a day when we haven't already been doing other things, we'll see.

I think that's an excellent idea. She may have just been tired. Maybe you two could arrange to help each other on alternating weekends?

http://www.typobuddy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/im-awsome-misspelled-tattoo.jpg

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)