Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My father laid an egg

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:39 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 177 Total Views

No he didn't  but I think that would grab attention.  I was reading a post in another group about the different ways people eat things.  My dad used to make what he called bready eggs.

He would take a bunch of eggs and scramble them in a bowl, then he would take one slice of bread per egg, break it into pieces and add it to the scrambled eggs, add a dash of salt and extra pepper and then fry them in butter.  As kids it was one of our favorite ways to eat eggs.  (we also loved those, could have killed us, salmonella soft boiled eggs)

And then there's the way the made them on Moonstruck.  A thick slice of Italian bread (hollowed out), browned in a pan with olive oil, egg dropped in the hole, cooked and flipped and then a slice of fried red pepper on it.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Aubles
by Group Admin on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:36 PM

My dad used to make us eggs in a basket all the time.  And poached eggs over hot buttered toast.  mmm...

I'm allergic to eggs, though, so they don't really make many appearances in my kitchen.  Allergy and all, though, I'd eat my dad's eggs, huevos a la Glenn.  They were mostly cheddar cheese and jalapenos, and no one could make them quite like my dad did.

And I loved Moonstruck.  What a great movie.

When they say "grow up" they mean "stop growing"

- Tom Robbins
TonyaSuzanne
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2009 at 1:54 AM

That sounds so yummy, Kay!  I just learned how to make really, nice scrambled eggs from a chef last year.  They used to be overcooked and nasty.  I do love eggs poached on toast or in between a flaky biscuit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)