Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's up Buckeye Moms???

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:55 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 470 Total Views

Wow this group has gotten quiet!! Let's shake it up a bit!!

What do you all think about getting together to play some Bunco or something?  Cards or just whatever?!  Send the kids upstairs to play rockband, or leave the kids at home to bond with dad, or grandma? 

My friend Loni is putting together a Bunco group.  It requires 12 players, but I think we could revise it to play with any number of people.  It looks like a lot of fun.

My thought is get together about once a month for a "Mom's Night"  and once a month get together for a "Kid's Night". 

On "Mom's Night" we get together and play Bunco or Uno or whatever someone suggests.  Nothing involving gambling.  Something that can be played without much thinking involved so we can chat easily.  Maybe play for some cheap door prizes or something.  We could take turns hosting it.  Everyone brings a snack or something so we can all fall off our diets together.  And the hostess sets the theme for the night.  So, for instance, my first time hosting I would set the theme as "Anything 80's", wear your big hair and leg warmers.  And then as door prizes I would give slap braclets, or banana clips for your hair.  You get the idea.  It's basically just a get together to socialize. 

On "Kid's Night" we could do kinda the same type of thing.  The hostess sets the theme and the objective of the night.  Movie night, rockband night, Disney's Scene It (very fun game), and whatever.  Again taking turns. 

I don't mind hosting it every time.  And if there is anyone who doesn't want to host it, or doesn't have the room to host it, pass and someone else will do it.  Not a big deal.  Noone is required to host it to be welcome.  You are also not required to bring food.  It is strictly volunteer.  You will not be any less welcome.

The point is to get together and have fun.  Not to judge other's homes or housekeeping or snack-making.  And I will say at the beginning that there is no smoking in my house.  You are more than welcome to go outside and smoke on the porch.  You may bring any beverage you want, but I don't want anyone driving home dangerously. 

So what do you all think? 

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
happyperson507
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Sounds fun. I am game...no pun intented. lol We have to see what is going to happen with the house as to see if  I can host or even if I am staying in the area or not. I will keep you up to date.

gabenthad
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:20 AM

When do we start??? my kids need time away from me! Let me know time date and place and I will be at your door before anyone else!!!

alisa79
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 12:28 PM

I am ssssooooooo in! My kids need to get out and socialize more and I also need to have times without them. This sounds perfect and I will host on occassion around school schedule as there are times I don't even like the way my house looks no less let another see it. It will be good to get together and not check for dust bunnies as we are all busy in our own ways. I will keep checking the group and will be more than happy to contribute however possible whether I host or not.

I am ecstatic!

Alisa Noyola

Cloverwith4
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2009 at 12:11 PM

I'm in!!! I can host it at my house... We will just have to figure out what days are best for everyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)