Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do...

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2009 at 8:06 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 379 Total Views

I was thinking about all of the things that I am involved in and the things we take our kids to do and was wondering if there was more than I know.  What kinds of groups do you all belong to or what fun and exciting things do you take your kids to do in town.  I play bunco, softball, am active in PTO, have a few friends that I like to go out with every now and then.   And as far as family activities we usually have some kind of sport game to go to on the weekend, but also try to attend alot of the free activites put on by the City of West Fargo.  I am currently looking into getting my two youngest into swimming lessons.  I have heard that the libraries have some good programs but I guess I haven't really checked into them.  What do you do?

Polly Randash, Independent Rep
                          http://www.ilovemymiche.com/
Contact me today to host a Miche Bag  party (in and surrounding the Fargo/Moorhead area) at Ilovemymiche@hotmail.com!

by on Sep. 20, 2009 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
teadybear0135
by on Sep. 23, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Both my boys are very involved in lots of volunteering things with their ROTC group at school....from christmas parties, haloween parties sand boxes and other things with the JAYCEE's, to the air museum, you name it, they help out.  Then my youngest (15) who is still in ROTC, is in Color Guard, Drill Team, Rifle Team, and PT team.......and we are always running to or from a practice or from a game,  meet or competition.   

Both of them are volunteers for Special Olympics, the older one has been in it 4 years, the younger, going on 2 years, and they do volleyball and team handball.    This summer and fall, they have both have been playing Softball with my hubby (their step-dad) on his church league and the two teams he is on in the fall league.  I no longer play, but I go to all the games!

Both the boys are building a robot at school with a group of kids, and will compete in late October with that machine..........

I don't really have time in the evenings for anything due to the kids and the hubby 's activities........when I am at home during the day, i don scrapbooking cook and bake and all kinds of stuff!

oneboytwogirls
by on Sep. 24, 2009 at 10:45 AM

What exactly is ROTC and Colorguard?

Polly Randash, Independent Rep
                          http://www.ilovemymiche.com/
Contact me today to host a Miche Bag  party (in and surrounding the Fargo/Moorhead area) at Ilovemymiche@hotmail.com!

mymymama
by on Sep. 25, 2009 at 1:57 AM

ROTC is a military thing...I went to school in Minot and that was a big thing at our school

teadybear0135
by on Sep. 25, 2009 at 9:09 PM

ROTC....Reserve Officers training corps (I hope I got it right), its a military based program in some of the high schools ..........you don't necessarily want o go into the military after high school, but its a great program to teach life long skills, like communication, problem solving, attention to detail..........My oldest was in it 3 years and it made such a big impact on him and his life, and unfortunatly he couldnm't do it his senior year becasue it didnt fit into his schedule.

Color Guard is the team of people who present the "colors" or flags at sporting events and other activities.  Our boys in West Fargo, take turns doing the football games (mine is doing color guard next weekend)  and they also compete in JROTC copetitions with color guard, pt teams, armed and unarmed drill teams.........

Oh and this Wednesday my so got PROMOTED to Sergent!!!!!!  I am so proud!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)