Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teeth and Heart Babies

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:18 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 272 Total Views

My daughter...she turns 2 in few weeks...looks like her teeth are rotting out of her head.

Her 1 yr molars look like they already have cavities..they just came in earlier this year.

I have heard that CHD children have weak teeth...they just aren't as strong as other's teeth. I brush her teeth alot...more than my son's and her's look worse.

She even likes to help brush. I can't figure out what to do...except just to go and have them capped or whatever so they don't get worse..oh! I don't know.

any help or suggestions?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hez3
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I have never heard of this, I would talk to her doc.

Mom2kyky
by Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Was she ever on Lasix? Lasix is known to cause tooth decay

Katie - mommy to Kylee (princess, and big sister) since 10-30-05 and Auriana (our miracle baby girl with DS, CHD, and HOH) since 09-17-08 (www.carepages.com/Aurianasheart)

Check out my travel site www.RockinTravelBookings.com for all your travel booking needs!!

God Bless You All!!

mommateapot
by Member on Jan. 6, 2010 at 4:31 PM

yes, she was...almost 3 months..it was upped almost each time she went until her surgery

Quoting Mom2kyky:

Was she ever on Lasix? Lasix is known to cause tooth decay

luthenia
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2010 at 11:01 AM

My son was on lasix since he was born, he is now  2 years old and his teeth are milky white.  What toothpaste do u use for ur toddler, i heard flouride can damage teeth. I woudl take her to the dentist before u come to conclusions.

Mom2kyky
by Member on Jan. 11, 2010 at 4:38 PM

If she was on a high dose of Lasix, it could be the culprit for the tooth issues. Because Lasix flushes fluid from your system it can cause not enough blood flow to go to the teeth roots and can cause them to be brittle and rot easily.... this is one of the downsides to Lasix that our cardiologist discussed with us when our daughter was taking Lasix. But for us, the benefit outweighed the risk and so we continued to use it... we don't know yet if her teeth have been effected because she does not have any teeth visible yet, just one starting to poke through... 

Katie - mommy to Kylee (princess, and big sister) since 10-30-05 and Auriana (our miracle baby girl with DS, CHD, and HOH) since 09-17-08 (www.carepages.com/Aurianasheart)

Check out my travel site www.RockinTravelBookings.com for all your travel booking needs!!

God Bless You All!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)