Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ronald mcdonald house

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:06 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 621 Total Views

Poll

Question: Have you ever stayed at a ronald mcdonald house?

Options:

Yes, I have

No, I haven't

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

Ronald McDonald house in Birmingham AL is having a reunion for all those who stayed there over the last 30 years and i was just wondering how many of yall stayed there

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kalista
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 4:48 PM

I got us on the waiting list, but it was full.  We slept in the hospital for 9 nights instead!

mommyweisha
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I spent the first 2 and a half months of my daughter's life staying in the one in Dallas. we lived in Amarillo but two weeks after she was born, they transferred us to Dallas and she was in the NICU and PICU that entire time. There's no way I would have been able to stay in the hospital with her in those areas and we could not have made me staying in a hotel financially work....I am forever grateful to them.

mactamom
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 7:52 PM

I said yes because it said have you stayed at "any" RM house. I stayed at the one in Chattanooga, TN for a week when my DD was born.

Tessie08
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2009 at 2:55 AM

Yea just wanted to know if you had stayed in one no matter what the city

DalsMommy
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2009 at 11:48 AM

The RM house in Phoenix is wonderful! We have had to use it a few times and close to the hospital!

Ctkity26
by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 3:20 PM

we have stayed at the ones in minneapolis, mn and rochester, mn

mom1T2Ldh
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2009 at 12:08 PM

I my family had to stay in one in Westchester,NY it was nice and homey. 

mmunoz
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2009 at 1:39 PM

We stayed at the one in St. Petersburg, FL.  It was a Godsend.  Especially because we were totally unprepared for the situation when my daughter was born.  The children's hospital doesn't have rooms for parents to stay but the new hospital they are building will give her a room where parents have a place to stay.  

Kiersten87
by New Member on Oct. 21, 2009 at 3:17 PM

6 weeks in Seattle : )

crickettty
by Group Admin on Oct. 21, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I have stayed for all 3 open heart surgeons that my daughter had had the Ronald McDonald House in Indianapolis. It was great! WOnderful people!!!

Mother to Chloe 8 HH, and Allison 3 HLHS, Co Arctation of the Aorta, LPA issues, former g-tuber and mic-key button.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)