Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those waiting to TTC...

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:02 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 591 Total Views
when are you planning on starting?
Why are you waiting?
Are you planning on doing anything to 'up' your chances of getting pregnant?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyBlessings
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:02 PM
when are you planning on starting? I just had our 4th baby this past April, he is 3 months old... We are going to wait a little bit before actively TTC.

Why are you waiting? I'd like to lose the rest of the pregnancy weight from my last little one, I am exclusively breastfeeding him and want to continue to w/o messing up my milk supply and I'm in no real rush.
Are you planning on doing anything to 'up' your chances of getting pregnant? Opk's, green tea and epo (evening primrose oil) work for me.
Gwenleona
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2011 at 5:58 AM

ORIGINALLY we were waiting for me to lose weight to get my PCOS under control.  Plans have changed, we're moving in about 2 months.  SO.. We decided that instead of putting a weight loss goal before TTC (which at this rate our goal would be met right before moving.. now good timing) we were going to put a check-list timer on it.  First.. we have to get moved and situated.  THEN we're going to get the unigendered stuff out of the way.  THEN we begin TTC while squirling the money away for gendered items.  While we're meeting these goals I'm going to continue losing weight.  We figure that if we get the unigendered stuff out of the way before I'm pregnant, less stress about getting baby stuff when I'm actually pregnant.

I will be taking promise prenatal vitamins, fertilaid, extra folic acid (as prescribed by my doctor), baby aspirin, evening primrose oil/ flaxseed oil (Primrose from cd1-O, Flax from O-cd1)

MrsC2011
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 12:47 PM

when are you planning on starting?

November 27, 2011, aka wedding night :)

Why are you waiting?

Waiting until we are married.

Are you planning on doing anything to 'up' your chances of getting pregnant?

Right now I'm temping and using OPKs do really get a hold of my cycles. I figure that by doing all the homework before we start it will hopefully not take us long. Also have a pre-ttc appointment with a new OB/GYN (my old doc was just a GYN).

SexyAngelBaby
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2011 at 1:14 PM
We are waiting until I move in then next decision if we will wait for marriage first or not..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Utrecht
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 4:22 PM

we were waiting - started this month! I wanted to get pregnant around this time so that i wouldnt be too pregnant in november when i'm organising an exhibition. if i'm not pregnant now we will try for 2 more months max and then take a break for soem time. hopefull i can find out saturday!

pinkladyscorpio
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:20 PM

we are starting back up in Sep. We had to put ttc on hold for 12 weeks because I had a myomectomy to remove fibroids. This time around we are using opk

Mrs.JJ
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 2:14 PM

We are waiting until Spring next year. We are planning on driving cross country in May (California to Florida) to visit DH's grandparents and to stop off in New Orleans because I'm dying to go. In the meantime we are getting finances in order and I'm working on getting getting healthy, trying to an exercise routine and DH is working on his schooling so he'll be starting his BS studies then.

I plan on starting prenatals later this year and I am charting a bit. I'm sure I'll be doing more eventually but that's still a ways off.

BlueEyedKimmy
by New Member on Oct. 1, 2011 at 8:25 PM

When are you planning on starting? May 2012
Why are you waiting? Want to get near the time we would be getting our tax return and bonus from work so that I can afford to stay home with the new little one when he/she makes her arrival in Feb/March 2013 -- that is *if* we got pregnant right away! 
Are you planning on doing anything to 'up' your chances of getting pregnant? Nope... just trying around ovilation time. I am fairly okay about predicting and charting so I know when I "O". Took us five months to have #2 last time around. 

luvhubandbabys
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM

when are you planning on starting? August 2013
Why are you waiting? WE are trying to time the birth to occur right after I graduate with my Bachelors degree. March 2014 is when I will be done with school.
Are you planning on doing anything to 'up' your chances of getting pregnant? No. Just the normal way. LOL.

DesertSunset
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM

when are you planning on starting? June 2012
Why are you waiting? Trying to have baby due a few months after our anniversary so we can have our own special day.
Are you planning on doing anything to 'up' your chances of getting pregnant? Been losing weight for about a year now, and DH cut his caffeine intake and has been getting fit as well for about 6 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)