Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wanting to conceive - after Depo Provera *BirthControlShot*

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:53 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 168 Total Views

My name is Nicole, 27 - married for almost 3 years - my husband and I have a 2 year old son who we enjoy every minute of. And now I've been starting to get some pretty severe baby fever.  I would like to try to get pregnant again soon, but something worries me that it may take a while.  I had been on the Depo Provera Birth Control Shot for 6 months, and hated it.  Asked my doctor to switch me back to the Loestrin 24 Fe pills.  Only two months in and I'm loving them! But I'd really like to stop taking them after this month, and focus on trying to make baby number 2.

Anyone with thoughts or suggestions? Questions?  Anyone else here have been on the DP shot? Or know someone who got pregnant while using it, or quickly after stopping the regular treatments?

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
DesertSunset
by New Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM

My sis got preggo just a few weeks from stopping the Depo shot! But I also have a friend who it took six months off the shot before she got pregnant. Every woman is different. They say it's normal for it to take 6 months to a year after stopping the shot, it all depends on when you begin ovulating again. So maybe just chart your cycle and OPK to make sure you are ovulating and just go from there!  Good luck and baby dust!

Ashcf06
by on May. 11, 2013 at 6:00 PM
I'm glad I found this post. My son was born in December of 2010. I started the depo shot in April of 2011 and I took my last shot in October of 2011, after I read that it could take 18 months to get pregnant (my husband an I wanted our kids two years apart at that point) and I also read stories of women who still hadn't conceived two years after stopping the shot. Now it's May of 2013 and my periods still are not regular. I haven't taken any form of bc since my last shot that October. Also, I've used ovulation tests off and on and never got a positive result. I'm going for my annual exam in the beginning of June so I'm going to ask my doctor what I should do. Does anyone else have any experience with this?? I'm getting a little worried.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)