Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

***CREAMY RANCH POTATOES***

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:02 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 205 Total Views

***CREAMY RANCH POTATOES***

Servings:         6

Prep time:       15 min

Cook time:      Low 7 hrs, High 3 hrs

Total time:       You do the math...

Ingredients:

2 1/2 lbs. Red Potatoes, quartered
1 8-oz container Sour Cream
1 0.4-oz package Buttermilk Ranch Dry Salad Mix
1 10-oz can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup

Directions:

The recipe calls for you to put the potatoes in the crock (3 1/2-4 qt) first, then mix everything else together and pour over them, but - if you're like me...I hate using and washing extra dishes, so mix your wet ingredients and ranch mix together in the bottom of the crock, and then add potatoes, making sure they get all coated.

Tip:  You can sub any Cream of Soup.  Pick your fav.

ENJOY!!!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
SilaLumenn
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Can I just say YUM!?

I've always avoided putting dairy into the crockpot for such a long period of time. Have you had any problems with the sour cream curdling or separating when you make this?

jigsaw ribbon                       

puppieluv
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Normally I do not add dairy products until the last hour or two of cooking time, for the very reason you stated.  I have not had a problem with this one but I know my slow cooker cooks at the proper temps which is LOW at 200 degres.  If you have a Rival I would watch it very carefully since they cook so much hotter than they should.  You can always add your sour cream the last couple of hours if you know that your slow cooker does cook hotter than it should just to be safe though.  Use your best judgement according to your familiarty with how your slow cooker cooks.  Also, you may want to keep in mind that the higher the fat content the better it will hold up under extended cooking times, so  use regular sour cream, not low fat if at all possible.  Hope this helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)