Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats in your crock pot today?? Or this week??

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 1:43 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 247 Total Views

Well, I started working - outside the home - again this week and am quickly realizing that my crock is going to have to become my new best friend again. I have a few soups planned for the 5 hour shifts I am scheduled but I can tell there will be a few 8's in there and am going to have to get more creative with my CP meals besides the usual BBQ shredded pork that we all know and love LOL

So I was wondering what y'all have had going in to your crocks this past week and next? I would love for you to share some simple ideas!!

twin boys these are my "starving" teenage boys  hehehe they need food and now!!! thanks.....Julie

by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SabineBreaux
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Thai Chicken with peanut sauce.

I keep working on variations of this to get the sauce just right.

Start with 2 lbs of chicken thighs, bones and skin removed, and cut them into 1-2" chunks.

In a bowl, mix peanut butter, soy sauce, grated or powdered ginger, orange juice or a Tbs of orange juice concentrate, chopped onion. Mix the sauce together until well combined and pour over the chicken. Cook on Low for 7-8 hours. Serve over white or brown rice.

I didn't give any measurements because they're pretty random. 1/2 cup to 1 cup of peanut butter, either smooth or chunky. 2 Tbs to 1/4 cup of soy sauce. However much ginger you like. 1/2 cup of orange juice...see? It's just whatever balance of flavors works for you.

Jules5077
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I am going back to work this week, too!  So I know I'll be using my crock a lot more now.  So far this week I have Italian Beef Buffet Stew, which is a new recipe for me and Ranch House pork chops.

Quote for the day:
'Whatever you give a woman, she's going to multiply.
If you give her a house, she'll give you a home.
If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.
If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.
She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her.' 
So - if you give her crap, you will receive more shit than any one human being can handle!

LadyJaneof3
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I did a pork roast and carrots the other day...then just did rice for a side dish.

I've got to sit down and plan my weekend out.  I believe chicken and dumplings will be on the menu.  Maybe salsbury steak.

My eldest has track 3 out of the 5 days this week and an MD appt after school so...it's gonna be cramped for time to get a meal done quickly.

mom2priceboys
by Group Owner on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I know I'm doing chicken taco soup for dinner tuesday but wednesday we too have an out of town Dr appt for oldest son so it might be fast food :(  going to my menu journal now to see what ele to schedule and how to make adjust it in the CP.

mom2priceboys
by Group Owner on Mar. 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM

5 hour shifts hahaha almost everyday it has been OT - not compaining just mentioning. Luckily hubs has done some of the cooking but we've had hot dogs one night and corn dogs another LOL

mom2priceboys
by Group Owner on Mar. 25, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Oh YUM!!! This sounds like something my picky guys might actually eat I am going to be trying it this week or next. I might use frozen breasts though as that is my chicken cut I like. Thank you for a simple wonderful dish!!!

Quoting SabineBreaux:

Thai Chicken with peanut sauce.

I keep working on variations of this to get the sauce just right.

Start with 2 lbs of chicken thighs, bones and skin removed, and cut them into 1-2" chunks.

In a bowl, mix peanut butter, soy sauce, grated or powdered ginger, orange juice or a Tbs of orange juice concentrate, chopped onion. Mix the sauce together until well combined and pour over the chicken. Cook on Low for 7-8 hours. Serve over white or brown rice.

I didn't give any measurements because they're pretty random. 1/2 cup to 1 cup of peanut butter, either smooth or chunky. 2 Tbs to 1/4 cup of soy sauce. However much ginger you like. 1/2 cup of orange juice...see? It's just whatever balance of flavors works for you.

P.S: What veggie do you servi with this??

SabineBreaux
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 7:49 AM

I think we had steamed broccoli with it. Or sauteed spinach. Sauteed green beans sprinkled with a touch of Asian spice might work well with it.

mom2priceboys
by Group Owner on Mar. 27, 2012 at 1:12 PM

oh yum!! sauteed spinich!! I love spinich and can you believe I am not supposed to eat too much of it because it makes kidney stones ugh!! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)