Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you doing something to support the troops?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 7:20 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 212 Total Views

Something that we haven't discussed?  An organization that we haven't mentioned?  Please feel free to share what you, your family, your Church, your community do to support the troops.   Love, SNowflake

by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mom0f3angels
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 7:35 AM
I am heading a class project in my Sunday School class at church to adopt a US Soldier.

But, I have decided to take this a little further....if I can. It occured to me that not only would the troops benifit,but so would the church as a whole.

I am making draft copies of what the project is and a cover of why we are doing the adopt a soldier.

Instead of JUST our SS class participating,I am going to see if I can get EIGHT classes to participate all together.

From the Pre-teen class all the way to the Senior SS classes. So,then we would hopfully have 8 soldiers adopted instead of just the one.

Pray for me,please and for my mission to help as many as 8 soldiers within our church body.
snowflake9903
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 3:56 PM
Way to go momof3angels!!!  That is wonderful!!! 
so_little_time
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 2:19 PM

Quoting mom0f3angels:

I am heading a class project in my Sunday School class at church to adopt a US Soldier.

But, I have decided to take this a little further....if I can. It occured to me that not only would the troops benifit,but so would the church as a whole.

I am making draft copies of what the project is and a cover of why we are doing the adopt a soldier.

Instead of JUST our SS class participating,I am going to see if I can get EIGHT classes to participate all together.

From the Pre-teen class all the way to the Senior SS classes. So,then we would hopfully have 8 soldiers adopted instead of just the one.

Pray for me,please and for my mission to help as many as 8 soldiers within our church body.
That is awesome. I will be praying for you and your mission. This is truly a great thing.
Nibbles
by Member on Jun. 26, 2007 at 2:47 PM
I will be praying for you as well momof3angels.  That is awsome.  I myself and a part of Soldiers' Angels, and send both letters and care pakages to my soldier.  I have never recieved a response back, but it does not matter to me....I am just happy to do anything I can to show my support.  My soldier is a Marine, and she works in mortuary affairs.  That has got to be a tough job.....I try to include enough things for not only her, but her entire troop.
jodi3
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 5:37 PM
Since the time I worked as a civilian contractor on a Mob'ing Army post I have been in contact with a soldier that I met. He had his yr in Iraq almost up when he was asked to extend, and lead a new group of soldiers new to Iraq. He went me an email one day telling me he felt bad for his troops. most were single, many were young, and they got almost virtually no mail. It broke my heart...the one thing soldiers would constantly tell us when they returned was that mail/ emails were what got them thru. So...I went to my childrens school where unfortunately they said no...my children't classrooms could adopt a unit of soldiers to write too. Bummed but not broken I went to my dd dance school. Her dance team consisted of 36 girls ages from 7-17. They all happily agreed to do it. So they each took a name, and started sending letters and cards. Collectively the parent/kids put together care packages, etc. So many of the girls even mentioned the state dance competition in their letters that they girls received a banner wishing them luck and all their soldiers signed it, and then took a pic of themselves holding it. Of course it arrived about two weeks after the competition!!!  But the girls loved it, hung it in their team studio and posed for a pic with their trophies and the banner and mailed it back to them.  My dd is no longer on the team since we moved...but she still had her soldiers address and mails him a letter every few weeks. In fact we just mailed a package to him. Little things like that really mean a lot to the troops.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)