Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Apologies for the solicitation post, can you find it in your hearts to read this?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:47 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 274 Total Views

Ladies,

I swear I didn't read the description of this group, but that doesn't excuse my insensitivity to your feelings.  Please know that I am so very, VERY sorry to you all.  I really meant no harm, but reading the replies, I did harm.  I hope you all can forgive me for my error.  I never wanted to hurt any one.  Please know I am very sorry, and though words can never express how stupid and lame I feel, I hope you ladies can all forgive me at some point.

Please know that I only come to first  moms for advice on what not to do as an adoptive mom.  Well, this one was glaring, and I know I've said this often, but I really am so VERY SORRY!

Again, I'm very sorry for intruding and treating you all with such disrespect, when I DO have the utmost in respect for you all.  I know it didn't come through, and I'm sorry.

Sincerely, and with much anger at myself over the pain I've caused you all,

Lisa Blum

by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kmama04
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I forgive you Lisa, because I honestly feel that you made a mistake. I have adopted out (open adoption) and I have family members who are trying to adopt. I know just how hard it is to put yourself out there and find someone willing to give their child to you. I am sure you have just as much pain as some of us feel. (Ladies don't bash me on this b/c I feel it is true)

Some of us have recently adopted out and some of us have adopted out long ago. Please make sure you read the full description of the group next time, and good luck on your search for your next child Lisa.good luck

LisaB2007
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Thank you so much for your forgiveness.  Please, I hope it would be okay to stay and to learn from you all.  You are all such magnificent ladies, and it hurts me so much to know I hurt you all.

Lisa Blum

Quoting kmama04:

I forgive you Lisa, because I honestly feel that you made a mistake. I have adopted out (open adoption) and I have family members who are trying to adopt. I know just how hard it is to put yourself out there and find someone willing to give their child to you. I am sure you have just as much pain as some of us feel. (Ladies don't bash me on this b/c I feel it is true)

Some of us have recently adopted out and some of us have adopted out long ago. Please make sure you read the full description of the group next time, and good luck on your search for your next child Lisa.good luck

rahulsey
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I did not read your post Lisa. But I know that your intentions were pure. 

drfink
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 5:59 PM

We all make mistakes in life,I  certainly have. As with any mistake made  it is the attitude once a mistake has been made and realized .Take care.

Cedartrees4
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Dear Lisa,  I did not see your original posting nor the responses to it, but having seen other solicitation posts,  I appeciate your apology.

"Adoption practice works on the premise that, in order to save the child, one must first destroy its mother." -
Dian Wellfare (1951-2008), founder of Origins Inc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)