Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What ever happened to, these old search/ support resources?

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2010 at 5:14 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 405 Total Views
Curry Wolves (spelling is probably off)
Blue Book

Alanna and her husband Herb in Sunflowers / turd hurlers

ATO adoption triad outreach. Owned by a Native American guy, I don't remember his name.
I remember Liberty from this group the most. I walked with her 3 times at the march on DC for open records

how about laznlady/ Susan F. from AOL's adoption and fostering forum. I've heard she had a few popular registries (big hugs, links) and then moved on to work with Troy whatshisname in Locators

David Gray - I can't even remember the name of his registry.... His brother wrote 'women are from mars..men from venus'

This would have been in the late 90's. I've spent hours and hours and days at these sites.
Anyone know if any are still around?
by on Nov. 1, 2010 at 5:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ashleigh139
by Member on Nov. 1, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Unfortunately, I have no idea. I've noticed that most awesome resources/websites stop having activity after 2000-2001. I've always wondered why? Like what happened to the open records march in DC that happened every year? Why did it ever stop?

adopteeme
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2010 at 4:29 AM
March on DC. Bottom line (my guess) $$$, timing, lack of interest

I attended 96,98,99. I remember it being warm. Maybe summer? So I wonder if legislature was even in town. I lived 6.5 miles from the Capitol steps, but I had never heard about the previous years marches anywhere until I was involved in those online support groups.

I'll never forget the quilts laid out in front of the Lincoln memorial. 'missing in adoption'
I hope Joe still has them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)