Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Helping others: how do we get started?

All the help offered for proudmama has made me really start thinking. This is not a post meant to take ANYthing away from her - Lord knows she deserves the help, needs the help & we all want her children & her to be successful & happy!
But with so many wanting to help, I'm wondering if there's a way to do something of a co-op? One day her baby, just like mine, will grow out of infant clothing, blankets, car seats & strollers. What if we found a way to store those items collaboratively? Obviously one of us cannot store anything, but if those willing had a little storage container of emergency items and whatnot for new moms in need, wouldn't that be incredible?? I know I needed things & in a hurry! I made my decision to parent just a week or so before delivery. Thank goodness I had friends who came to my rescue!!!
Is there anyone who wants to brainstorm ideas with me? I don't have much but what I do have is clean, cared for and ready to be passed on to others who need help. Even a weeks worth of items would be helpful! Babies require far less initially than the baby market would have us think.

I'm here to do all I can.

Thanks!!

Sydney xo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 8:30 PM
Replies (61-62):
jencrazywith2
by Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:57 PM

While I could not donate any items for an infant, mine are approaching 14, 17 and my oldest just turned 22, but I would be willing to talk with moms in this position. I know that when I was young and trying to make a decision, the best thing I had was a counselor, someone I could talk to and share how I was feeling. She was also a young birthmom who had placed, but it had been several years since her placement and she was a great support...

ZakkarysMom
by Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:15 PM
I have 3 to 6 month and 6 to 9 month boy clothes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)