Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just started now I have stopped

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:54 AM
  • 31 Replies
  • 810 Total Views

I am a first/birth/natural/whatever mom, I just found our today that my daughter Jackie overdosed five years ago Feb 01 2006.  Wow, was not prepared for that.  At the worst, I kind of thought Jackie would not to talk to me or see me.  Had a long conversation with the post adoption director today and my daughters parents are willing to talk with me to share her life.  I think that this is so cool.

Why am I here now, not all people are such ogres, I knew my daughters parents were so right for her, She just needed something else there to push her through that cloud of shit..

The reason why I am speaking in these terms is that I have the utmost respect for them.  I have never met Jackie's parents, but it will be sometime soon.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doodlebopfan
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:05 AM

ecnative, I am sorry for your loss. I hope that your meeting goes well and you learn more about your daughter's life and the parents who raised her. Do you mind me asking how old she was? Again, my sincere condonlences and lots of hugs.  

clvahlberg
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:24 AM
So sorry for your loss. Wishing you well with the meeting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HereWeGoAgain9
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:06 AM
Oh I'm so sorry for this tremendous loss and the shock of it all. I guess sometimes time really isn't on our side :(
I hope that your meeting is good and positive. Please keep us posted and share with us any time.

Sydney xo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedwboysx3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:15 AM

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.  I also hope the meeting with your daughters parents goes well.   Please keep us posted. 

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:52 AM

What a shock for you and every nmom's worst nightmare. What I feared worse that rejection was finding out she wasn't alive. I am so sorry. I am glad her parents are willing to share her life with you. I just posted a study about a week ago about the higher instance of suicide in adoptees. 

Are you in Canada?

vampporcupine

raised mom to 2, first mom to 1

ecnative
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Jackie I thought was 31 today, but she died at 26.  I feel for her parents too.  Her mom called the adoption agency February 3, two days after the 5th year anniversary of her death.  I really hope I will have the opportunity to meet her family, that is what I would wish and for her family to meet my family.  I think that she would have wanted that.

ecnative
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:00 PM

no vampporcupine I live in Maryland.

onethentwins
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:35 PM

I'm so very sorry for your horrible loss. I hope that your meeting with her adoptive mom will bring both you and her some solace and some closure.

im sorry

hollyanne31
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter passing away.

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Quoting ecnative:

no vampporcupine I live in Maryland.

Oh. I was thinking if you did you could join our coffee group for some support.

When did you find out?

vampporcupine

raised mom to 2, first mom to 1

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)