Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Searching for my birth father

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 9:38 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 817 Total Views

Any ideas on how to find someone who hasnt been seen in two years and is homeless??? My brother is in jail right now and has been requsting that we find our birth father for him. His name is Peter Andrews Owens. I talked toom bio mom and all the info she can gather is he was last seen in Portland Oregon he was still using and he used to talk to there old friend Becky who since has an 11 month old baby and stopped talking to him when she got pregnant. I  know at one point I believe in 2009 Andrew went to see him and know he had a cell phone and was living in his truck. For all I know he could be dead since he was using but is there a way to find him for my brother???? I also know he just turned 49 or 50....

~* Tiffany*~
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doodlebopfan
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2011 at 6:12 AM

GOBO, I'm so sorry that all of this is going on and that you don't know where to start looking. I don't know how you'd look for someone w/o a general vicinity, but will pray for your family. Sorry about your brother and hope he finds some peace with or without your father.

BTW, your little one is getting big. What a cutie. :)

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I would start with the last person known to see him. Ask her where he would go to hang out or if he had a routine.

Gobo were you adopted?

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2011 at 4:52 PM

BUMP!

GOBO
by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 3:33 AM

Yes I was adopted when I was 9

~* Tiffany*~
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Cedartrees4
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2011 at 3:55 AM

I did a search a couple of yrs ago to find an adoptee who was living on the streets.  I was advised to put the word out at homeless shelters and the Salvation Army.  I eventually found him through someone who had seen him six months previously who was able to by coincidence contact him.  So maybe try these options?  Also, soup kitchens or such may be able to help as well.  Are you near Portland yourself?

GOBO
by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 4:29 AM

Well I know he is somewhere in the Portland Metro Area I know he wouldn't leave here. I tried searching death certificates and didn't find one so if he died no one knew who he was or he is still alive. I guess Ill try to talk to my mom's friend again myself. Thanks for the tips Ill let you know how the search goes.

Thanks doodlebopfan Chris is now a whopping 11 pounds and in the 60th percentile not bad for being seven weeks early. =] LoL He is defiantly mommies spoiled little chunk....I think all my kids are spoiled actually I cant help it there my babies :p

GOBO
by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 4:34 AM

That is a great idea! That is gonna take a looong time since Portland is so big but its a great place to start. I live in Gresham a suburb right outside of Portland. I was returned to my birth grandparents (moms parents) at the age of 16 when the state of Oregon terminated my A.P.s rights over me.

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Quoting GOBO:

That is a great idea! That is gonna take a looong time since Portland is so big but its a great place to start. I live in Gresham a suburb right outside of Portland. I was returned to my birth grandparents (moms parents) at the age of 16 when the state of Oregon terminated my A.P.s rights over me.

Sounds like you have an interesting story. I'd like to hear more if you're up to sharing. Good luck with your search!

vampporcupine

raised mom to 2, first mom to 1

GOBO
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Thanks! Haha Interesting is an understatement LoL What would you like to know..the wole story? I'm an open book ask away.

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Do you have your story written? I'm wonder how you came to be adopted, then adopters rights terminated and then back with natural family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)