Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have found my daughter :)

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 5:03 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 581 Total Views

Hello,

I am a birth mom and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl 18 yrs ago. I have just found my daughter this august online. She is my spitting image! I have been so excited! I had met the parents while i was pregnant and they paid for my medical. They were an older couple with lots of love to give a child. I chose them to be my daughters parents. They did a wonderful job raising her. Her and I have gotten close with texting and email. We do talk on the phone every now and then. The only issue for a few months was the secret. She never told her parents that we found each other. She didnt want to hurt them. She also lives in a very strict home and they dont allow her to have a facebook or youtube or any of those social accounts. So she didnt want them to find out. She asked them if she could find me and they told her to wait till she graduates college :( So i told her to tell them that we already found each other. She finally got the guts to tell them that we found each other and they were upset but are being supportive. THey still think that we shouldnt have contact though until she is 21. I have waited 18 yrs to see my beautiful girl. I cant wait till i can hug her again and this time not to say goodbye

by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luuckymommy
by Member on Mar. 19, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Congrats on your reunion!!

brandyl673
by Member on Mar. 19, 2011 at 5:25 PM

thank you :)

DVT
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Congrats on your reunion.  18 is a legal adult, so I see no reason as to why she should wait any longer.  That first hug will be heaven to you :) Hope you keep us updated!

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Congrats on the reunion. I also found my daughter on fb

ilovepeyton
by Member on Mar. 19, 2011 at 8:26 PM

I am so happy for you two! There is nothing better than finding your child and beginning your new relationship after adoption. I wish you and your daughter much love and support through your wonderful reunion.

(((((HUGS)))))

brandyl673
by Member on Mar. 19, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Thank you so much! I am so happy too! But i have a fear that it is too good to be true and it will not last.....I dont understand why i feel this way?

onethentwins
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Quoting brandyl673:

Thank you so much! I am so happy too! But i have a fear that it is too good to be true and it will not last.....I dont understand why i feel this way?

All of us in reunion either feel that way or have felt that way. I used to be parallized by the fear of losing my son again.

HereWeGoAgain9
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2011 at 9:26 PM
But it's lasted since august so that's a huge plus. I hope & pray it continues. I can't imagine she would have this relationship w you & tell her parents if she had no plans on continuing w it!! I'm sure the fear of losing her is wrapped up in 18 years of separation. Totally normal & to be expected.
I'm so glad you two have this blooming relationship! Please do keep us posted. I'm so happy for y'all.

Sydney xo

Quoting brandyl673:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovepeyton
by Member on Mar. 19, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Quoting onethentwins:

Quoting brandyl673:

All of us in reunion either feel that way or have felt that way. I used to be parallized by the fear of losing my son again.

We do all have that feeling. For me it came from the feelings that "eventually he would reject me." But I learned that the rejection was within myself. My son loves me, not just as original mother, but as a friend, NOW.

In my reunion, we have had ups and downs.....more ups thankfully!! Everything will be fine for you and your daughter. Try and keep positive feelings out there (even if you feel down). I have found that throughout my life, being positive has made a huge difference in the outcome of most situations.

You are off to a great start! Keep smiling and know that you have a great support system in this group.

So happy for you!!!

drfink
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Really wonderful !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN