Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holly's World

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:33 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 219 Total Views

Last night I was watching Holly's World ( I have an obsession with her and all of the Girl's Next Door that stems from an obsession with playboy I have had since a child lol) and for the past 2 episodes her best friend has been searching for his birthmother. He hired 2 private detectives and sure enough they found her and he finally got to meet her on last nights episode. It was so infomative to me which you wouldnt have thought seeing since it was on Holly's World. The meeting went smoothly he seemed to put his adoptive parents and his birthmother at ease. I broke down however when he told something like he never had any resentment towards her or any hate towards her but he did find himself asking himself why sometimes and something like why wasnt he good enough. She told him that she had loved him and thought of him everyday of her life, that she got to hold him and she told him this as she held him. She also told him that she just could not do it and she wanted him to have better. She worded it better than I am of course I am just attempting to paraphrase from memory but when she told him what she did you could almost see a huge weight being lifted off his shoulders because it was as if he finally got the answers he so deperately wanted. He told his aparents that they would always be his parents nothing could take that away but he also acknowledge his mother. Anyway you guys should check it out. It was real and not sugar coated like most things because it did show his pain of the questions that come with being adopted and not knowing your birthmother or wondering who did I get these features from and not having a face to compare them too. It gave me hope because it did end on a good note, I knwo that not all reunions go this way and I know some never get to be reunited it was just nice and informative to see.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
voni681
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I watched it and cried like a baby.  I recently found my birth son and he does not want any contact as of yet.  It gave me hope that someday he will.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)