Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just ran across another possible resource for moms?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:30 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 202 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I've been online today looking for resources for building our hobby farm.  4H links took me to University of Maryland county extension office....and I ran across tons of info and classes for family and consumer sciences ~ and I thought about all your efforts to help moms keep their families together.

Thought I'd share that it may be worth checking local extension offices for additional helps for moms.

a sample of classes/booklets offered I saw were:

• 5 -Minute Guide to Managing your Debt
  • How to Manage a Household Budget on a Small Income
  • Living on Less
  • Stretching Your Food Dollar 
  • The Extension also provides health and nutrition - related information, resources and classes at low or no cost.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:30 PM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-3):
    ltucutie
    by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I was just wondering what website you went to.  Is it just for your area or does it have info for all states?  I would love to have more resources to pass along.  Thanks!

Southernroots
    by Group Admin on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:47 AM
    1 mom liked this

Thanks for the suggestion.  I imagine most states have similar programs.  

Any programs that help young moms learn to deal with money better, whether it is cooking more frugally, etc., could be very helpful to young moms.  I have toyed with the idea of trying to teach young moms how to cook frugally and healthy.  

adopteeme
    by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:02 AM
    ic, you should be able to locate nationwide extension offices here
    http://www.csrees.usda.gov/Extension/
    Check your neighboring counties, too. It looks like they offer more in rual areas. Many have online pdf files on topics to print

Sr, that's a wonderful idea! Esp. in inner cities in general, where there is an over abundance of 'cheap' food at fast food places and 7/11s. $ spent on dinner at mcD could stretch into a couple of dinners with a crockpot, produce, and cheap cut of meat. I like :)
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)