Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oh my God THEY FOUND HIM THEY FOUND HIM he had looked for me ...screwed up agency ETA a little

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:54 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 785 Total Views
10 moms liked this

I got an email from the new search person at the agency and there has been contact.My son looked for me about 20 years ago.They apparently set up multiple files but didn't bother to check them ...this is from the search person  .$#*($@%&^$$@) agency didn't give a crap about either the adoptee or me.They had the money from his parents and I wasn't of any good.They tout being Christian ummmm nope.

OH MY GOSH i CAN'T BELIEVE IT OH MY GOSH

Any way they need some forms filled out and my TDL.I was scanning but she told me they can't make or attempt contact till Mon .so AM overnighting in the morn.Oh my gosh I can't believe this I can't believe it oh my gosh oh my gosh .I threw up when it hit my precious son came looking and for all these years he didn't know I had always been loving ,caring ,missing wanting him .He thought his mother didn't care.I had left both mine and my sisters contact info over and over.My sis because she always knows how to get me.They &^^)*^$@$^&*&&^$  lied when they told me and his parents they would ALWAYS facilitate reunion.

Oh my gosh i am just so nervous and beside my self.Laugh ,cry ,shake ,giggle sob over and over.just wow wow oh my gosh it is almost unreal

I have told my 27 yo son and my 21 yo daughter about the call.My daughter is away at college..she laughed and cried and is so excited.My 27 y.o was willing to drive 3 hours here get the info and then drive 4 hours a different direction to the agency office.Told him no need it won't go faster.We will tell our teens this weekend.My husband brought dinner home ...good thinkin no dinner here.He actually called to get the overnight instructions.Oh well I'll stop chattering I'm just beside myself.The day is coming soon oh my gosh

Thanks without this group well it is a lifesaver and kept me steady.It allowed me to get contacted by Batmom who took me to the IRL support group where our facilitator contacted my agency and intervened on behalf.This group is amazing.THANK YOU ALL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you thank you thank you for the support and joy for me.I talked to my uncle ...a retired judge ... for a couple of hours getting advice on handling this if they aren't as helpful as they should be.He is on the board of several non profits.He looked up stuff ,printed out part of their mission statement ,told me how to head up the ladder if needed,who their major foundation supporters are and the agencies soft spots.

It went very well with my teens.They are excited ,talked about it a bit then went back to their plans movie ,lazer quest with friends ...whew perfect ; )

Anyway time has slowed down here

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BE_U_T_XPRT
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Congratulations!  I am so happy for you!  I can't believe the agency did this but then again I think I should believe it.  How amazing you must be feeling right now. 

Fab74
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

drfink, 

I don't know you and I don't want to jinx anything so I'm scared to even congratulate you. It brought tears to my eyes to read your post. I wish you and yours the very best life has to offer. I hope you finally get to be with your son, and your amazing children with their big brother. This is SOOOO VERY EXCITING! I'm so happy for you! ENJOY!!!! I will be looking forward to your updates! PLEASE KEEP US POSTED AND THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME SMILE TODAY.  I may not know you but a sister's joy is mine too. Thank you! 

Fab  :)

Vikki77
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:42 PM
YAY!!! I am so excited for you! I am crying and feeling a little queasy myself! Please keep us updated. I hope it happens quickly for all of you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susie703
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes from happiness for you!!!!!!  I'm also breathless ~ right back at that moment when I found out my son was looking for me too! 

drfink ~ I am holding you in my heart as you wait what is going to be the longest several days of your life.  Remember to breathe, and live in the moment ~ these moments that are going to change your life forever!

My heart is doing a great big happy dance right now!  I SO wish that I could give you a great big hug!

(And just in case I didn't use enough !!! to show how happy I am, here's a few more!!!!)

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Omg, I'm so happy and nervous for you. Hopefully they will finally become diligent with your reunion and put it into high gear.
You have waited for way too long. I hope that the good news comes very early next week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cedartrees4
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this

My friend K and her daughter were both registered with the agency for 15 yrs and NO match was ever made. Both of them were told that the other had not registered.   My friend finally found her daughter by paying thousands to a private search company.  Here where i live, the govenrment sponsors a 'search registry" and MANY mothers have registered adn their children have too, just to find out years later that the registry intentionally kept them apart. They ONLY care about the paying customers, those who paid to get "a child of their own," not a child to share with their natural parents.  :(  We are treated like trash, but after all isn't that what the term 'birthmother' means? Someone whose only purpose is to give birth and drop off the face of the planet? :(  You were treated horribly by that agency.  They robbed you of 20 years with your son. This is horrific. 

HereWeGoAgain9
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 2:03 AM
I'm so thrilled for you & so overjoyed!! I'm also furious at these 20 plus wasted years - but that is the past and you now how this incredible journey & future to look ahead to!!! Keep us updated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adopteeme
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:16 AM
Drfink CONGRATS!!

I hope you are able to get out this weekend and do something fun or pampering for you, so that your not watching the clock so much ;)
I'm very happy for you and all your family!!
I hope everything goes off smooth now with the agency releasing info to you and your son.
No more head games!!
Be safe cause I know you're walking cloud 9 lol
Take your rest, and treat yourself well.
Hope the weekend flys by for you
Hugs
Mel
2jeffsmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:57 AM
3 moms liked this

This is beyond thrilling news! I can't wait to find out more! It's so wonderful that it's your turn now. You have been so wonderfully supportive to so many, for so long.I know the past will try to creep in, but enjoy the present and future as much as possible. You deserve this.

aprilz1225
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM

i'm very happy for you! good luck to you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)