Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CASE DISMISSED!!!

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:04 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 468 Total Views
1 mom liked this

First I want to say Happy Birthday to Hottie and Doodlebop!!! Yay I remembered! haha

Now, we never went into the courtroom today either. They kept us sitting in the waiting room for 30 minutes then came out and told us it was dismissed. I am very mad, that on the paper, they wrote, "Case is dismissed because mother has rememdied the causes of deprivation." And "Because the mother is parenting to her fullest ability and the child has made significant progress, the court will dismiss this matter. However, the GAL shall continue to monitor the family and make collateral contacts as needed for a limited time." I told my attorney that I didn't like the wording, because this is now proof that my son WAS deprived, and he never has been. She said she understood, but that was just how they had to word it. I asked couldn't they say that they found NO deprivation? She went back in and came out with my copy and said that they wouldn't change it. That really, really pisses me off! And there is nothing I can do about it!!!

Anyway, thank you all for your prayers and support! I love each one of you. :)

by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
onethentwins
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

That is really annoying. Good news that they dismissed the case but a total bummer that they are still watching you.

Vikki77
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:28 PM
I can play phone tag all day! Lol but what I am mad about is it saying he WAS deprived and I fixed it. He was never deprived to start with!

Quoting onethentwins:

That is really annoying. Good news that they dismissed the case but a total bummer that they are still watching you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethentwins
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I got that, it's very annoying!

Quoting Vikki77:

I can play phone tag all day! Lol but what I am mad about is it saying he WAS deprived and I fixed it. He was never deprived to start with!

Quoting onethentwins:

AndBabyMade5
by Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so happy that they are dismissing your case!!! I too would be upset by the wording but I know here that if DHS passed adjudication where they are required to show cause than any dismissal after that will have the deprived wording. If the adjudication never took place and cause wasn't established then I would fight the wording and future visits BUT I would totally understand if you didn't want to :-). So happy for your outcome - fantastic news!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vikki77
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:33 PM
There was no cause established! Even their psychiatrist that I was court ordered to go to said that what I was doing was best for my child and she saw no concern!

Quoting AndBabyMade5:

I am so happy that they are dismissing your case!!! I too would be upset by the wording but I know here that if DHS passed adjudication where they are required to show cause than any dismissal after that will have the deprived wording. If the adjudication never took place and cause wasn't established then I would fight the wording and future visits BUT I would totally understand if you didn't want to :-). So happy for your outcome - fantastic news!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susie703
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

How frustrating!  But congrats on the dismissal ~ I bet you feel 100 pounds lighter today!

SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I hear your frustration too... If no cause was found, then what is the deprivation based on? Ugh.

On the plus side... Case dismissed! As it should have been! Vikki, I'm so glad that truth prevailed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doodlebopfan
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Vikki, I am glad that it's dismissed (Congrats!!!!) but I am a stickler for the rules, too, and I agree with you 1000%. Them inferring that there was cause is nothing more then them C.y.a'ing the whole case. Truth be known, it should have ended at the 14 day hearing and NOW that can't say, "Oops!" Save it for that attorney. If it were me, I'd see about what I could do to have it alterred anyway. The way it stands, if they decide that they want to mess with you again, you'll look like a "repeat offender" on this child, and you SO are NOT!

PS-Thanks for the Birthday wishes! I can imagine Hottie in his Tebow pose praying for this dismissal. Chances are it's all CJ's been talking about for weeks, LOL! Well, maybe not all..... :)

vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 6:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm so glad it was dismissed but what the hell with the wording???
Happy b'day Doodle! I was unaware ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceejay1_iz_back
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

AMEN SISTER;)  I KNEW they would dismiss it.  What total jack-asses they are.  I agree, the wording should be changed.  If it is not too expensive, I would ask this to be done , either by Caseworker, or the courts.  Maybe explaining that you do not EVER wish your child to beleive you were not/ are not, the best Mom ever:)

I had ZERO doubts:)  Good days ahead, summer is upon us, and so much to do, especially with our children.  Do not waste another moment...now go get some sleep, I am sure it is something of a rare commodity after ALL this crap:)

Thank you for wishing my Hottie a Happy B-day...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)