Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CASE DISMISSED!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

First I want to say Happy Birthday to Hottie and Doodlebop!!! Yay I remembered! haha

Now, we never went into the courtroom today either. They kept us sitting in the waiting room for 30 minutes then came out and told us it was dismissed. I am very mad, that on the paper, they wrote, "Case is dismissed because mother has rememdied the causes of deprivation." And "Because the mother is parenting to her fullest ability and the child has made significant progress, the court will dismiss this matter. However, the GAL shall continue to monitor the family and make collateral contacts as needed for a limited time." I told my attorney that I didn't like the wording, because this is now proof that my son WAS deprived, and he never has been. She said she understood, but that was just how they had to word it. I asked couldn't they say that they found NO deprivation? She went back in and came out with my copy and said that they wouldn't change it. That really, really pisses me off! And there is nothing I can do about it!!!

Anyway, thank you all for your prayers and support! I love each one of you. :)

by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Replies (11-19):
ceejay1_iz_back
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting doodlebopfan:

PS-Thanks for the Birthday wishes! I can imagine Hottie in his Tebow pose praying for this dismissal. Chances are it's all CJ's been talking about for weeks, LOL! Well, maybe not all..... :)

OMGOODNESS, I just re-read this,LOL!  DOODLE, he was NOT the one on 'his knees' today...silly girl;)

ROFLM"TUSH' OFF!

Gwen72
by Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on the case being dismissed!  I am sorry that they worded it that way though.

drfink
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

So glad about the dismissal but the wording would anger me also.They just can't admit they were wrong to take it so far.That there was nothing there.

For just a second enjoy your efforts before you go at it again if you decide to.

Congrats and HUGS!

mommasbrat912
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

The wording sucks. I hope there is something you can do to get it changed. you deserve at least that much.

I am so happy to read that the case was dismissed!!

Enjoy your moment. You deserve it!

Vikki77
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Just getting in from work, so now I can rest. Lol I don't know how to go about getting the wording changed, but you better believe I'm going to try! I don't want ANYONE to get the idea that I deprived my child. My opinion is that they didn't want to admit that they wasted 6 months and thousands of dollars on nothing. And they don't have to admit that they were wrong to keep my case open. I will definitely try to get it fixed the right way first. But I will surely hire a lawyer if needed. It just gets to me how they think they are above the law, and at times are not doing what is in the best interest of the children. And on top of that, don't even have the decency to admit they're wrong!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Myrick4pack
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:27 AM
I just wanted to say. Yay! For the case being dimissed! I know how much of a migraine this has been for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunfireprincess
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:53 AM

that has to be annoying, I am sorry :(

Vikki77
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Yes it is ridiculous. I am going to do what I can to get the wording changed. Thanks for your support. :)

Quoting Myrick4pack:

I just wanted to say. Yay! For the case being dimissed! I know how much of a migraine this has been for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vikki77
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Very annoying. Lol but at least my son is old enough to know that he want deprived. Our lives never changed. I didn't do anything different once dfcs got involved. I just continued on the right path and got it dismissed.

Quoting sunfireprincess:

that has to be annoying, I am sorry :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)