Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I FOUND MY SON!!! UPDATE!!! WERE MEETING IN PERSON!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:28 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 493 Total Views
6 moms liked this

I found my birth son. I knew his first name and suspected his last name. I have searched on facebook a hundred times since he turned 18 and could never find him. Well, earlier I just happened to type in his name and there he was!!! I knew the minute I saw his pic that it was him. I told my other children i thought I had found their brother and they messaged him and he called and asked to speak to me. I feel as if I am in shock! He seemed so happy to hear from me and to know that I had been searching. He wants to meet!!! WOW....    UPDATE #1 ok. We talked a couple of times and he has texted and talked to his siblings. Also I have another GrandSon. He is 1&1/2. So then Chance wanted to come visit so I purchased bus tickets for them. They were coming Mother's day weekend and she couldn't get off work so we rescheduled for weekend of 18th. Well, Mother's day him and his s/o gets into a hugh fight and she leaves Dallas and goes to her sister's in Houston, Tx. He thinks she went to there hometown in La. so he takes off and goes there. Long story short I think they have issues they are dealing with... Meantime I get a call from Chance asking if it would be ok if they moved here and stayed with me until they get settled.... I told him sure. I go and switch bus tickets from 2 round trip Dallas to La. To oneway one from South La. to North La. and the other from Houston to North La. I have to pick them up tomorrow an hour away from here. I am so nervous I can't think. I can't concentrate. Keep walking in circles getting nothing done!!! I am straping on my seatbelt and grabbing the safety bar because I feel the ride beginning! I just keep asking myself am I going to be a disappointment to him.....waited 20 years for this day now I don't know how to act!

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
susie703
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Yay!!!! Get ready for the roller coaster ride of your life!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2jeffsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I'm so excited and happy for you! This is going to be so amazing for you! I can't wait to read more. Susie is so right about the roller coaster.

sweetwatertaffi
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I'am so scared. I know this could go so wrong!

Vikki77
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Congrats! So happy for you! Yes it is a roller coaster, but so worth it! Please keep us updated. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vampporcupine
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Congrats on finding your son! It sounds like it is off to a good start since he seems eager. Here is a link which has some great links at the bottom of the page:
http://www.originscanada.org/adoption-reunion

EmilyMarshall
by New Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Yay!

onethentwins
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Quoting sweetwatertaffi:

I reunited with my son when he was about your sons age, it is scary, very. But, you're in a good place here with us that have been through it.

Where are you planning to meet?

Are you meeting alone or with others?

Are you planning on telling him his story? Do you think you'll be emotional? hug? cry? keep it light?

Any thing else you're worried about?

Aislin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I don't know anything about reunion  so I will just say congrats

susie703
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Quoting sweetwatertaffi:

Oh yeah ~ how well I remember that fear.  Three years into a relationship with my son, it still rears it's ugly head.  Just go into this with complete honesty and try to keep your thoughts on the positive side.  

drfink
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Congratulations ! So happy for you.

I completely identify with being scared and being worried about failure.I just got my first contact in 35 years.I wound up with the agency orchestrating the reunion.After lying to him 15 years ago and me for the past 18.

The women here are wonderful with support and very good advise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN